X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Here are a few trades I'm mulling over:

Kuroda-1B for Axford-6A
    Farnsworth-1A for Wieters-8A (only a 1 C league but still seems like a good deal)
    K Johnson-1B for CJ Wilson-8A

The only negative to these 3 deals is I'm adding $19 in salary and possibly cutting down my profit margin. But these are 3 deals I should do right?
    Yes yes yes.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I'd do 1 and 3 for sure. I'm not sold on trading Farnsy for Weiters. I think I'd rather have a $1 closer and the 12th best catcher.
      That was my first thought but if he's getting Axford in the other deal I like getting Weiters. You should still have plenty of money to go after the big studs. Getting Wilson with Haren and Shields really solidifies the pitching staff and you can focus on hitting.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        That was my first thought but if he's getting Axford in the other deal I like getting Weiters. You should still have plenty of money to go after the big studs. Getting Wilson with Haren and Shields really solidifies the pitching staff and you can focus on hitting.
        Well I'll probably let Haren go if I get Wilson. I think I've decided McCutchen at $30 is a better keeper than Haren at $22 (despite what I said just 5 days ago, lol). I think I can get Haren back for $25 if needed.

But I agree that if I get Axford then I'll have 3 closers and I don't really like keeper 3 closers.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I thought about this Weiter deal. At first blush it would make sense. Then I thought why not save the $7 bucks, build up your saves and buy a better catcher with the money. Two closers for $7 helps in any form of fantasy baseball.

Comment

Well I'll probably let Haren go if I get Wilson. I think I've decided McCutchen at $30 is a better keeper than Haren at $22 (despite what I said just 5 days ago, lol). I think I can get Haren back for $25 if needed.

But I agree that if I get Axford then I'll have 3 closers and I don't really like keeper 3 closers.
            Then get somebody better than Weiters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I thought about this Weiter deal. At first blush it would make sense. Then I thought why not save the $7 bucks, build up your saves and buy a better catcher with the money. Two closers for $7 helps in any form of fantasy baseball.
              Yea, but how many better Cs are there? Napoli, McCann, Montero, and Avila are being kept. So really he's top 3 of those available (Santana and Mauer being the other 2).
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

That works too. I'd definitely do deals 1 and 3. If you don't like Weiters the see if you can get someone else or shop your three closers for the best one for one keeper. No need to limit it to just trading Farnsworth. I guess in a 1 catcher league you can spend $1 and get someone decent. I now realize what JC meant about the 12th catcher, a little slow on the uptake on my part.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yea, 12th Cs would be someone like Molina, Ramos or Doumit. That was my original plan so maybe I should stick to that. But Wieters is getting a lot of love in expert mocks and rankings.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

Yea, 12th Cs would be someone like Molina, Ramos or Doumit. That was my original plan so maybe I should stick to that. But Wieters is getting a lot of love in expert mocks and rankings.
                    I would do that. But then again this is what makes the game fun. Fun talking about it too. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I would do that. But then again this is what makes the game fun. Fun talking about it too. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
                      Indeed...I appreciate the back-and-forth from you guys. Wieters just seems like a good candidate to break out (e.g., 15 HRs in 2H) whereas those other guys have pretty limited upside IMO.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                      X