Por Favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I disagree...if either Moustakis or Trout are there, it's money in the bank for you. Tabata is not that great, and Garza has been going downhill for a few years now...slowly, but going south. Whoever you're dealing with really wants that pick badly, make them pay for it. And Montero isn't going to be there at #17, Lyles might (but remember TINSTAAPP), and Gordon is that one trick pony we all know so well.
    Agree.

What # first round pick does your trading partner have?

Comment

he has pick #17. These kids werent in the Yahoo database so they werent available til now. ere is my list of waivers. As you can see, there are decent players at 17 as well.

Waiver 1 - Feb 16: Bryce Harper dropping Ryan Doumit - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 2 - Feb 16: Tsuyoshi Nishioka dropping Jonny Gomes - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 3 - Feb 16: Mike Moustakas dropping Nick Johnson - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 4 - Feb 16: Mike Trout dropping Chris Heisey - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 5 - Feb 16: Lonnie Chisenhall dropping Ryan Doumit - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 6 - Feb 16: Brandon Belt dropping Everth Cabrera - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 7 - Feb 16: Julio Teherán dropping Randy Wolf - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 8 - Feb 16: Eric Hosmer dropping Pat Burrell - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 9 - Feb 16: Matt Domínguez dropping Jonny Gomes - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 10 - Feb 16: Dee Gordon dropping Nick Johnson - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 11 - Feb 16: Devin Mesoraco dropping Wade LeBlanc - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 12 - Feb 16: Juan Miranda dropping Nick Johnson - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 13 - Feb 16: Michael Pineda dropping Tom Gorzelanny - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 14 - Feb 16: Casey Kelly dropping Tom Gorzelanny - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 15 - Feb 16: Zach Britton dropping Jonny Gomes - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 16 - Feb 16: Shelby Miller dropping Chris Heisey - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 17 - Feb 16: Jordan Lyles dropping Wade LeBlanc - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 18 - Feb 16: Mike Montgomery dropping Randy Wolf - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 19 - Feb 16: Jacob Turner dropping Nick Johnson - [Cancel Waiver]
      Waiver 20 - Feb 16: Wil Myers dropping Tom Gorzelanny - [Cancel Waiver]
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Just as a side note. I might see what I could work out for the #1 and #2 picks.

Comment

my roster is absolutely brutal. As you know, in dynasty leagues, those top picks are like gold. I would love to get the 1 or 2 picks but I dont have the goods.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

The bottom of that list falls off quite a lot after Hosmer (#8 on your list) imo. I would also likely re-order but to each there own. You can make the case that Shelby Miller and Myers are the clear best of the bunch (after Hosmer) and while he has high risk Pineda will likely contribute this year.

Thinking about this more and seeing that list, I would be very hard pressed to move the #3 pick and if anything trying to acquire another of the top 8. You may never see a top heavy draft of talent like this for awhile.

Comment

Here is my ugly roster. If you owned the 5-7 pick, who would you want from me?

Thole C Pena B Roberts Furcal Josh Bell Gomes Matsui Ibanez Abreu Nyjer Colvin Burrell Everth Doumit Heisey Nick Johnson
              Harang Chapman Bailey Tillman Wolf Gio Gorzelanny Guthrie and LeBlanc.

Have at it

Comment

Well Tillman and Gio should have some value but I would think you could get the most for Chapman in terms of a high pick + a good player. Given his unsettled role, lack of a recent track record of sustained success for Cuban pitchers and the fact that he has a ton of hype right now I'd think you'd be selling pretty high on him. Obviously you would need more than just 1 pick but I'd have to imagine one of the other 19 owners would overpay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Here is my ugly roster. If you owned the 5-7 pick, who would you want from me?

Thole C Pena B Roberts Furcal Josh Bell Gomes Matsui Ibanez Abreu Nyjer Colvin Burrell Everth Doumit Heisey Nick Johnson
                  Harang Chapman Bailey Tillman Wolf Gio Gorzelanny Guthrie and LeBlanc.

Have at it
                  Honestly Pete, I wouldn't move the #3 pick unless I could move UP. And I'd drop Nishioka out of the top 3, he's not near the talent level of the other guys, IMO. In a dynasty league you win with as many uberstuds as possible, since salary isn't a consideration. I agree with Mike, I'd probably move Hosmer up into the top 3...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

What is the first pick your trading partner has?

Is there a possibility for you to trade your second round pick plus Gio for #4 or #5?

Comment

In a 20 dynasty it's doubtful there's anything worthwhile thAt late but remember these are waiver picks not a draft.

Comment

I am scared of him too. What if it was Garza? The offer would be Garza, Bard Tabata and #17 for Gio, Colvin and Moustakas?

also, should I be looking at Trout Chisenhall or Belt ahes of Mous?

thanks J
                        Hey - sorry I haven't gotten back to this since my travel got busy. I'd look at Trout ahead of the greek

Comment

so I made no deals and ended up with Moustakas, Morel and Dominguez in the waiver draft. To go along with Josh Bell, no less. Do Morel, Bell or Dominguez make any impact this season? I am planning on moving 1 or 2 of them but not Moustakas.

Comment

so I made no deals and ended up with Moustakas, Morel and Dominguez in the waiver draft. To go along with Josh Bell, no less. Do Morel, Bell or Dominguez make any impact this season? I am planning on moving 1 or 2 of them but not Moustakas.
                            I think Moustakas starts the year in AAA and then could see some action this year, but I believe the Royals are going to let Betemit play it out. 2012 should be very interesting for KC.

Comment

I think with the moves the Orioles made it's unlikely that Bell gets much action -- both Reynolds and DLee have been pretty injury-resistant and I think an injury or midseason trade for either of them is the only way Bell gets on the field. Reynolds won't get traded, and Lee... I guess it could happen, but I think it's a lot more likely that Morel or Dominguez do something. BP has an article about Morel today and thinks that he'll get the starting job at some point this year.

- Mike
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

he has pick #17. These kids werent in the Yahoo database so they werent available til now. ere is my list of waivers. As you can see, there are decent players at 17 as well.

Waiver 1 - Feb 16: Bryce Harper dropping Ryan Doumit - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 2 - Feb 16: Tsuyoshi Nishioka dropping Jonny Gomes - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 3 - Feb 16: Mike Moustakas dropping Nick Johnson - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 4 - Feb 16: Mike Trout dropping Chris Heisey - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 5 - Feb 16: Lonnie Chisenhall dropping Ryan Doumit - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 6 - Feb 16: Brandon Belt dropping Everth Cabrera - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 7 - Feb 16: Julio Teherán dropping Randy Wolf - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 8 - Feb 16: Eric Hosmer dropping Pat Burrell - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 9 - Feb 16: Matt Domínguez dropping Jonny Gomes - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 10 - Feb 16: Dee Gordon dropping Nick Johnson - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 11 - Feb 16: Devin Mesoraco dropping Wade LeBlanc - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 12 - Feb 16: Juan Miranda dropping Nick Johnson - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 13 - Feb 16: Michael Pineda dropping Tom Gorzelanny - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 14 - Feb 16: Casey Kelly dropping Tom Gorzelanny - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 15 - Feb 16: Zach Britton dropping Jonny Gomes - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 16 - Feb 16: Shelby Miller dropping Chris Heisey - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 17 - Feb 16: Jordan Lyles dropping Wade LeBlanc - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 18 - Feb 16: Mike Montgomery dropping Randy Wolf - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 19 - Feb 16: Jacob Turner dropping Nick Johnson - [Cancel Waiver]
                                Waiver 20 - Feb 16: Wil Myers dropping Tom Gorzelanny - [Cancel Waiver]
                                man, I sure hope you got some value out of Tsuyoshi Nishioka.

(I accidentally clicked "last" in the baseball forum and noticed that the first posts were from 2011, so I went looking for the first couple mentions of Trout. Another good one was in early 2012 when someone asked what Trout's numbers would be like at the end of the season, Mith guessed .275/12 HR/60 RBI/82 R/28 SB, and everyone ragged on him for being too optimistic.)
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X