Winter Meetings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
    Seattle Times reporter Geoff Baker is reporting that the Blue Jays are making it widely known at the Winter Meetings that they are not in on Fielder. Looks like it's down to the Nationals, Angels, Rangers, Cubs, and Mariners on him (in my estimation).
    Jesus. Could you imagine the NL East if Pujols signs with Miami and Fielder with the Nats? You'd have Fielder, Pujols, Howard all in the same division with Freddie Freeman being the ugly step-sister. Man, the Mets might actually lose 100 games next year. I love it!
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
      Jesus. Could you imagine the NL East if Pujols signs with Miami and Fielder with the Nats? You'd have Fielder, Pujols, Howard all in the same division with Freddie Freeman being the ugly step-sister. Man, the Mets might actually lose 100 games next year. I love it!
      We have Ike!

Comment

Originally posted by dannahann View Post
        Have to agree here. Besides, Hanley doesn't possess the requisite intangibles to block a superior SS from taking his position away.
        Not to hi-jack another thread, but I assume this was a jab at the Yankees and in hind sight, I think the Yankees made the right move. Do you think A-Rod would be a better SS right now than Jeter? It's not saying much, as neither would be a defensive whiz at SS now, but with A-Rod's increased size and hip issues, I really don't think there would be any way they could run him out to SS now, yet Jeter is still able to do a passable job.
        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
          Do you think A-Rod would be a better SS right now than Jeter?
          IMO, ARod would have been a better SS than Jeter for the time he's been there, on average. Right now, probably not. Hindsight being what it is, it did work out best for the Yanks, not because Jeter was the better SS, but because he didn't get moved to 2B and block Cano's development.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            IMO, ARod would have been a better SS than Jeter for the time he's been there, on average. Right now, probably not. Hindsight being what it is, it did work out best for the Yanks, not because Jeter was the better SS, but because he didn't get moved to 2B and block Cano's development.
            Had they moved Jeter to CF, A-Rod to SS, they would probably be in the process of trading for Hanley right now, who they would have to move in a year or two also.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
              It would be totally insane, and Mets fans would get even more despondent than they already are. The Mets might have to go full-on Rays model in order to compete, which would be really odd coming from a New York team.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X