Iannetta Traded to LA Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iannetta Traded to LA Angels

for Tyler Chatwood, this after the Rockies signed Ramon Hernandez to a 2yr deal.

Chatwood sucks. If that's all the Rockies got for Iannetta, I'd call this a decent-sized win for the Angels.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
      Chatwood sucks. If that's all the Rockies got for Iannetta, I'd call this a decent-sized win for the Angels.
      so a 21 year old rushed to the bigs, owner of a 95 MPH fastball and great curve sucks?
      If he finds his command, I will be bumping this thread.

Comment

funny that a baseballthinkfactory commenter described Iannetta as a Napoli type.

either side could win this trade pretty handily...
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          funny that a baseballthinkfactory commenter described Iannetta as a Napoli type.

either side could win this trade pretty handily...
          that was my first thought.....that DiPoto is making amends here for the horrific Napoli/Wells deal. That's why I believe Mathis is a goner too. Scioscia blew that call big-time.

Comment

meh, good riddance to iannetta. they can have his mediocre bat and crap defense.
            ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Rockies also have Wilin Rosario, a stocky young AA catcher with some pop who got a coffee cup in Sept.
              A little surprised they'd spend on an older C at this point. A May-December romance, I guess.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by owned View Post
                so a 21 year old rushed to the bigs, owner of a 95 MPH fastball and great curve sucks?
                If he finds his command, I will be bumping this thread.
                Chatwood sucks, dude. I've never read a single prospect report on him that ever had his potential as higher than a #4 starter, and I hated what I saw from him with my own eyes. If you want to cling to hope just because he can rear back and throw 95 sometimes, so be it. The odds are severely against him ever becoming good, though.

Comment

Chatwood sucks, dude. I've never read a single prospect report on him that ever had his potential as higher than a #4 starter, and I hated what I saw from him with my own eyes. If you want to cling to hope just because he can rear back and throw 95 sometimes, so be it. The odds are severely against him ever becoming good, though.
                  To add to this, I think Chatwood ends up as a reliever. His ceiling there is much higher and would play better with his limited control and arsenal. There's a chance he's worth it as a late-inning set-up guy, so all may not be lost.

Another point is perspective. I think the Angels just got a better catcher in Iannetta than the M's got in Jaso, but there's an argument to be made that Josh Lueke is as talented (or moreso) than Tyler Chatwood. I think the Angels did well here.

Comment

Was that your scouting report on wild youngsters Sandy Koufax, Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson etc?

Comment

Originally posted by owned View Post
                      Was that your scouting report on wild youngsters Sandy Koufax, Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson etc?
                      Okay, so you're comparing Chatwood's stuff to three Hall of Famers? Are you an Angels fan or drunk? It has to be one or the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X