Clear All

• Cubs Sign David DeJesus

first strike from Club Theo:
    2 years, $10m with club option for 2014

A cheaper version of Fukudome

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      A cheaper version of Fukudome
      Nowhere near as good defensively, and his body is breaking down. As a Brewer fan, I'm happy with this deal.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Nowhere near as good defensively, and his body is breaking down. As a Brewer fan, I'm happy with this deal.
        Me too. It saves us $10M per year that we can put towards Prince Fielder, our new 1B.

Comment

so does this mean no meaningful playing time for top prospect Brett Jackson?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Me too. It saves us $10M per year that we can put towards Prince Fielder, our new 1B.
            I'm not worried about Fielder going there. Pujols...now, that's another story. OTOH, with DeJesus at one OF slot and Soriano at the other, you guys are going to suck even worse than us in OF defense.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              so does this mean no meaningful playing time for top prospect Brett Jackson?
              Probably not, seems like a September call-up...which may not be a bad thing because the Cubs are going to be brutal this year anyway. Why waste a year of cheap team control when the team is going to suck anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Uh, what?

Fukudome has been worth -12.5 runs in his career according to fangraphs in the field. His Fielding Runs Above Average at BP is 7.8
                DeJesus has been worth 39 runs in his career according to fangraphs in the field. His Fielding Runs Above Average at BP is 15.3

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Uh, what?

Fukudome has been worth -12.5 runs in his career according to fangraphs in the field. His Fielding Runs Above Average at BP is 7.8
                  DeJesus has been worth 39 runs in his career according to fangraphs in the field. His Fielding Runs Above Average at BP is 15.3
                  Dejesus isn't anywhere near as mobile or have the arm strength he had just two years ago. But Bleacher Report loves them some DeJesus; I just don't know which games they're watching.

Comment

Working...
                  X