Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hype and Value: the overvalued and the legit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hype and Value: the overvalued and the legit.

I saw this article and thought that it would make agreat preseason discussion topic.

One of the methods to mine cryptocurrency is via software application and the mobile device’s processing capacity.It’s different because it’s readily available, has a wide range of uses, and requires little upfront investment. Crypto mining apps for iPhone and iPad users are pretty common these days...

The article deals with postseason heroes. I disagree with their first one, but only because I expect over reaction.

David Freese- Freese slugged to a .397 average with five home runs and 18 RBIs in eighteen postseason games. He only hit .297 in the regular season due to injuries. However believe the hype. Mark McGwire mentioned that he would be a batting champ one day and that is almost an accurate assessment. While Brett Lawrie will be going in the early rounds, David Freese is a late rounder who could hit .300 with 25 HRS and 90 RBIS

The other legits are Holland and Moore. Yes and OMG yes.

The fakes are:
    Doug Fister
    Allen Craig
    CJ Wilson
    Matt Harrison
    Chris Carpenter
    Nyjer Morgan

Feel free to add playes as needed.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I was impressed with Paul Goldschmidt.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Not sure on Allen Craig -- the article says Berkman resigned, which he hasn't yet. If he does, I agree, but for now, Craig is a huge sleeper.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Not sure on Allen Craig -- the article says Berkman resigned, which he hasn't yet. If he does, I agree, but for now, Craig is a huge sleeper.
        You sure? I thought he re-signed near the end of the season.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Assume Pujols is gone. Berkman to 1st, Craig to RF

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            You sure? I thought he re-signed near the end of the season.
            You're right, he did re-sign with them in late September.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Assume Pujols is gone. Berkman to 1st, Craig to RF
              It is looking more and more like Pujols will not be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                I saw this article and thought that it would make agreat preseason discussion topic.

One of the methods to mine cryptocurrency is via software application and the mobile device’s processing capacity.It’s different because it’s readily available, has a wide range of uses, and requires little upfront investment. Crypto mining apps for iPhone and iPad users are pretty common these days...

The article deals with postseason heroes. I disagree with their first one, but only because I expect over reaction.

David Freese- Freese slugged to a .397 average with five home runs and 18 RBIs in eighteen postseason games. He only hit .297 in the regular season due to injuries. However believe the hype. Mark McGwire mentioned that he would be a batting champ one day and that is almost an accurate assessment. While Brett Lawrie will be going in the early rounds, David Freese is a late rounder who could hit .300 with 25 HRS and 90 RBIS

The other legits are Holland and Moore. Yes and OMG yes.

The fakes are:
                Doug Fister
                Allen Craig
                CJ Wilson
                Matt Harrison
                Chris Carpenter
                Nyjer Morgan

Feel free to add playes as needed.

J
                I'm with you that I do NOT see Freese going late. His playoff run will definitely overhype him. I like him a good bit, but I'm worried his price will escalate too high from this October.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  It is looking more and more like Pujols will not be gone.
                  I continue to doubt this theory. If the Cardinals don't budge from their final offer from last Spring Training, I have a tough time believing SOMEONE won't find it in their budget to outbid them. The Nationals and Cubs, both big-budget teams as far as I'm concerned, seem like easy candidates to go higher than the alleged St. Louis proposal. And I wouldn't put it past the Blue Jays, Rangers, Angels, or Giants to pass on him so quickly either (despite whatever their front offices are publicly stating).

Comment

I expect to see the top bid come from the Nats, actually-- the Lerners are still itching to spend money and build a team that can reasonably look to the playoffs in 2013. Whether or not Pujols accepts-- don't forget that the Nats outbid the Yankees for Teixeira and were rejected, albeit with a much less hopeful teama nd corps of young talent-- is another question.
                    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                      I expect to see the top bid come from the Nats, actually-- the Lerners are still itching to spend money and build a team that can reasonably look to the playoffs in 2013. Whether or not Pujols accepts-- don't forget that the Nats outbid the Yankees for Teixeira and were rejected, albeit with a much less hopeful teama nd corps of young talent-- is another question.
                      It's funny how so few people seem to recognize the Nationals as a potential top echelon team in terms of budget. DC is no mid-market town, and the Lerners are frakking rich as hell. I see the Nats as fairly likely to land either Fielder or Pujols, at least moreso than just about any other team in baseball. Thinking about a team with Pujols, Strasburg, Bryce Harper, Ryan Zimmerman, and Anthony Rendon as its talent core is a little mind-boggling, too.

Comment

I'd add Jordan Zimmerman to that, too. The Nats need some SP talent to between Strasburg/Zimmerman and Lannan who should be a fourth starter. Brad Peacock generated some excitement and will be given every chance to be the #5 guy this spring and there's been a ton of talk about them making a serious run at Roy Oswalt (not a fan of that move...) or a trade for Wandy Rodriguez to beef up the rotation. They dearly need some OBP guys-- they start three whose OBP is under .300 (Desmond/Ankiel/Nix) and have a fourth (Bernadina) at .301 who frequently bats lead-off for them; clearly that's not the way to run a railroad. All that being said and with Harper likely to show up in September potentially with Rendon... money just might cure these ills over the coming twelve months. Once (...if) the Nats click, they have the potential to be a top echelon team for a long time.
                        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Legit - BJ Upton. Average sucks, but steals and home runs still push his fantasy value over his real value

Comment

Working...
                          X