Broxton to the Royals !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broxton to the Royals !!

According to rosenthal, it is a one year deal pending a physical...

The Royals announced that they have agreed to sign Jonathan Broxton to a one-year deal, pending a physical. The deal …

Broxton on a 1 yr deal to the Royals pending physical per Rosenthal

Soria's status just became interesting. Broxton wanted to land somewhere to re-establish his value and I don't think he wanted to work somewhere as a middle reliever because their value is never truly appreciated financially.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      Soria's status just became interesting. Broxton wanted to land somewhere to re-establish his value and I don't think he wanted to work somewhere as a middle reliever because their value is never truly appreciated financially.
      Moving slow today J?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
        Moving slow today J?
        Had the same time stamp Besides, I had to put updates on DRaysBay before here because Broxton was a hot topic of conversation yesterday

Comment

John Heyman says he'll be the setup man in KC.

Jonathan Broxton's new one-year deal with the Royals is worth $4 million, according to SI.com's Jon Heyman.
          The contract will be finalized on Wednesday after Broxton passes his pre-signing physical. He's going to be used as a setup man in Kansas City, according to Heyman, meaning Joakim Soria is likely to remain firmly entrenched in the team's ninth-inning role. Broxton, 27, registered a rough 5.68 ERA in 12 2/3 innings this past year for the Dodgers while dealing with elbow issues. He'll be looking to get his career back on track in KC.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

So I would guess this guarantees Aaron Crow to the rotation, if that wasn't already confirmed.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

I stand by my prediction that Broxton will be in the Atlantic League in a few years.

He's awful if his FB can't hit 98 or so, because his FB is as straight as an arrow and he doesn't have much else in the repetoire.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                I stand by my prediction that Broxton will be in the Atlantic League in a few years.

He's awful if his FB can't hit 98 or so, because his FB is as straight as an arrow and he doesn't have much else in the repetoire.
                I hate to say it, because he is a fantasy favorite of mine, but this makes good sense. I think the Royals want a veteran to back up Soria, given the problems last year. Broxton does not have the recent history to challenge for the job.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                  So I would guess this guarantees Aaron Crow to the rotation, if that wasn't already confirmed.
                  Seems like a bad idea. He doesn't exactly have the repertoire or control of a starter, and if they really wanted to develop him as a starter, he should have been in AA and AAA all of last year instead of relieving in the big leagues. It could work out, but the odds are against it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                    Seems like a bad idea. He doesn't exactly have the repertoire or control of a starter, and if they really wanted to develop him as a starter, he should have been in AA and AAA all of last year instead of relieving in the big leagues. It could work out, but the odds are against it.
                    I have him as a free rookie keeper. I was hoping they'd trade Soria, as they should, and insert Crow as the closer, but I'll keep him and take a wait and see approach with him on reserve til he shows something.

Aaron Crow will join the Royals' rotation in 2012.
                    At least, that's going to be the plan entering spring training. Crow posted a stellar 2.76 ERA over 62 relief appearances as a rookie in 2011 and was drafted as a starter out of the Universtity of Missouri. Still, there's no guarantee that he'll make an easy jump to the Kansas City rotation. Crow is on the fringe of sleeper status.
                    Source: Jim Bowden on Twitter
                    Nov 29 - 1:06 PM
                    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
                      I have him as a free rookie keeper. I was hoping they'd trade Soria, as they should, and insert Crow as the closer, but I'll keep him and take a wait and see approach with him on reserve til he shows something.
                      Crow would be a great closer, in my opinion, and KC should absolutely deal Soria for value while they still can. That the Royals are keeping Soria and going the other way with Crow isn't surprising. It's just more stupidity out of their front office.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                        It does raise the subject of RP to SP conversions. CJ Wilson and Alexi Ogando have worked well for the Rangers, with Feliz next. The Royals already have Jeffress, and there are others around baseball.

For someone that is old enough, how does Broxton compare to Rob Dibble?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Jeffress was a SP in the Brewer organization. The adjustment won't be that great for him.

Broxton couldn't carry Dibble's shoes in Dibble's prime. And I can't stand Dibble. But his first three years, he was nearly unhittable, with an explosive fastball and wicked slider.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post

This!!! Broxton has screwed everyone who has owned him for almost 2 full years now...NL owners bid him good riddance.

Comment

A good point. It would not be the first time that an injury has taken two or more years to heal fully. OTOH it would not be the first time someone blew out 10% of their arm, and wrecked their career slowly.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X