Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wade Fired! Much dancing and celebration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Fired! Much dancing and celebration!

The Astros are expected to announce the firing of general manager Ed Wade on Monday, according to Ken Rosenthal of FoxSports.com.

In addition, Tal Smith, the club's president of baseball operations, is expected to to be out, possibly via retirement. The future of manager Brad Mills is uncertain, according to Rosenthal. Wade took over in September 2007 and has been in baseball for 54 years. In his four uninspiring years at the helm in Houston, Wade made questionable trades -- such as swapping five players for Miguel Tejada -- and free-agent signings, like handing out Brandon Lyon's ludicrous contract. The Astros ended this past season 56-106, worst in the majors. Jim Crane recently purchased the team, which will move to the American League West in 2013, and promised quick changes to the moribund franchise.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

I'm amazed that he's "been in baseball for 54 years" yet is just 55. Who employed him as a toddler?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I'm amazed that he's "been in baseball for 54 years" yet is just 55. Who employed him as a toddler?
      He lied about his age.

Comment

Actually, that explains a lot!!!

In reaality, whoever takes that job over has a thankless job. The MLB team is arguably the worst in baseball and the minor league system isn't any better. Compund that with the move to the AL next year and it looks like a no win situation. Of course the optimist will say "Hey, he can't do any worse!!"
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

The only good news is Wandy is the only player on contract by 2013 so a new GM can start over without the burden of bad deals. I'd trade away Wandy for quantity right now and anything else I could get for Carlos Lee even if it meant taking on 50-60% of his salary. You need to get a 5 year commitment from Crane and show how you can make this team competitive by 2016 because 2012-2014 are not going to be pretty.

Comment

Time to break out the "Rotoworld needs a copy editor" thread again.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
            X