Every Player in Every Organization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every Player in Every Organization?

I think I asked this a few years ago with little luck, but times have changed, does anyone know of a website that has every baseball player associated with an MLB organization in some retrievable form, i.e. either a downloadable database/Excel file or even a copy and paste-able index.

In other words, if you were looking for a database of every current professional baseball player, where would you go.

There are a couple options if you want a list of every major league baseball player ever, but I'm looking for every current professional player at every level.

Rotoworld is a decent start, but it's not complete. In the past I've started with Rotoworld and filled in with other sites and prospect lists, but that is time consuming.
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Baseball Reference has organization depth charts for every team, but those are all based on last season. Here is the one for the Yankees, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
      Baseball Reference has organization depth charts for every team, but those are all based on last season. Here is the one for the Yankees, for example.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...-batting.shtml
      Thanks OaklandA's, I assumed Baseball Reference was my best bet but I didn't look around enough. That is about as good as I had hoped to find.
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

These may also be end-of-season and not updated (except for the MLB team).

Each team has a link to end of season's rosters to get the players in each organization.

The site also tracks every transaction so current roster can likely be constructed.

FWIW, for anyone that followed www.mlbtraderumors.com when it first started and see what it has become now, mlbdepthcharts is going to do the same thing -- the site is insane.
        Last edited by Todd Zola; 11-22-2011, 03:50 PM.
        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
          www.mlbdepthcharts.com

These may also be end-of-season and not updated (except for the MLB team).

Each team has a link to end of season's rosters to get the players in each organization.

The site also tracks every transaction so current roster can likely be constructed.

FWIW, for anyone that followed www.mlbtraderumors.com when it first started and see what it has become now, mlbdepthcharts is going to do the same thing -- the site is insane.
          Thanks Todd. I've been touting mlbdepthcharts around here for a while. Jason Martinez, and now his crew, do an excellent job of tracking the 40-man rosters and those with the potential to crack it. He deserves all the recognition he's been getting lately. My leagues restrict our auction drafts to only players on the 25-man roster and since we draft prior to opening day, Jason's site is invaluable, particularly due to his accuracy and timeliness.

However, while they have all the minor league rosters of each organization there, they break them up onto too many pages to be practical for compiling and formatting into one complete list. Had I not found anything practical as a result of this thread, my next attempt was going to be contacting Jason and asking if he had all the data in a spreadsheet and was willing to share. He previously made his 40-man rosters available in spreadsheet form, I think per my request, and I'm hoping he's planning to do so again this coming season.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X