Watch Japan Series Finale Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Japan Series Finale Sunday

The Japan Series (their 'world series') between Fukuoka and Chunichi will conclude on Sunday. It is tied 3-3. For those interested, you actually can watch this game online at www.justin.tv. When the game begins, just click on Live Channels, then Sports and you'll see a bunch of channels that are broadcasting different events. Look for one that has the game. If you do this before game time, you wont see any channels that have the game. I never knew until recently that such a site was available.

I havent seen the official game time announced yet, but all the other games have been at 4:15 AM or 4:30 AM Eastern time (Sunday morning in US). Of course, the broadcast is in Japanese only, but you can still follow the action well enough.

Series has been characterized by excellent pitching so far, as I think 4-2 has been the highest scoring game. Also, interestingly, the road team has won every game so far.

The series is being played so late in the year because they started their season about a month late because of the effects from the March tsunami.

I think the posting of players will occur about a week or so after this series.

Sorry, Darvish doesnt play for either of these teams.
    Last edited by rhd; 11-19-2011, 08:00 AM.

Awesome! Japanese baseball is entertaining. I saw the first interleague game between the Seibu Lions and Yomiuri Giants at the Tokyo Dome. In some ways it's more fun than the average game here. Wish I could stay up to see that (no way I can swing that this weekend). Can you post any highlights?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Awesome! Japanese baseball is entertaining. I saw the first interleague game between the Seibu Lions and Yomiuri Giants at the Tokyo Dome. In some ways it's more fun than the average game here. Wish I could stay up to see that (no way I can swing that this weekend). Can you post any highlights?
      Sure. Actually, the broadcast of the game probably will be saved on the channel it was aired on, so you'll be able to watch the entire game whenever you want.

The game will start at 4:30 AM US Eastern time.

Wow, it's awesome that you saw that game at the Tokyo Dome. MLB Interleague play started in 1997 ( I remember because that was the first year I went to Japan), so it probably started over there shortly after that year. For the Giants game I saw at the Tokyo Dome that year, I stood in line for about 3 hours to get in, and even after I got in it was standing room only and I had to stand the entire game. Hope you were more comfortable in the game that you saw!
      Last edited by rhd; 11-20-2011, 12:56 AM.

Comment

OK, I didnt watch it live, I just got finished watching. The Fukuoka Softbank Hawks won the game 3-0 and won the series 4-3. Toshiya Sugiuchi, one of the top pitchers in Japan, got the win. Tadashi Settsu, who started and won Game 3, got the save. Hiroki Kokubo, a veteran top hitter in Japan, was named series MVP at age 40. This was the only game in the series that the home team won. Most # of combined runs for any game was only 6.

If you want to watch, you can use the 2 links below:

http://www.justin.tv/chihling456/b/300481121 (part 1)
        http://www.justin.tv/chihling456/b/300487709 (part 2)

Each part is 2 hours long, but there is pre-game warmup and post-game celebration included. The game actually was about 3.5 hours.

This broadcast is in Chinese. There probably are other on-line broadcasts of the game in Japanese.

Comment

Working...
        X