Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades That Should Happen

Cubs trade Carlos Zambrano + cash to Washington for Adam LaRoche
    Cubbies get rid of a headache, Washington gets a big name pitcher and rids itself of LaRoche, allowing them to move Morse to 1B.

Twins trade Denard Span & Kevin Slowey to Texas for Alexi Ogando
    The Rangers can use a speedy CFer as David Murphy is little more than a role player, and Ogando's role with Texas is undefined. Slowey takes the #5 spot in the Ranger rotation. The Twins start to rebuild their rotation with Ogando.

Twins trade Francisco Liriano to Tampa for BJ Upton
    Having acquired Ogando, dealing Liriano is step two in the rotation cleanse. Liriano adds to TB's pitching riches, and the Twins replace Span with Upton's big bat. Both players are arb eligible, so this may be the last year for both on their teams.

Angels trade Mark Trumbo & Peter Bourjos to Oakland for Gio Gonzalez & Joey Devine
    The Angels have a plethora of bats, but unfortunately many don't want the old, expensive ones. Trumbo's big season allows them to sell high, and Bourjos gives Oakland the athletic CFer they desire. The Angels get another ace in Gio and some bullpen help, while freeing up spots for Kendrys return and uber-prospect Mike Trout.

Cubs trade Sean Marshall to San Diego for Orlando Hudson & Clayton Richard
    Marshall has a chance to become SD's new closer, while Hudson takes over 2B and Richard takes the spot vacated by Zambrano.

A's trade Andrew Bailey to Miami for Ricky Nolasco
    Billy Beane continues to churn his closers, and Bailey replaces Leo Nunez/Oviedo, who gets non-tendered. Nolasco takes the spot vacated by Gio atop the rotation.

Reds trade Travis Wood for Joba Chamberlain
    The Yanks need arms, and the Reds have many. But not in the pen. They wait on Joba, who may become their closer of the future, while Wood steps into the shoes vacated by Freddy Garcia/Bart Colon.

Blue Jays trade Rajai Davis to Detroit for Delmon Young
    The Tigers get the leadoff hitter they want, assuming a comeback for Davis. Young takes over LF until Travis Snider proves he's ready to go.

What you got?
    Last edited by revo; 11-17-2011, 04:54 PM.

Would you want Zambrano around a young staff?
    In division trade I don't think that either team would make it.
    Liriano is a nice pitcher but TB needs a hitter more than it needs a pitcher. BJ will probably go but I think the more likely target is for a power hitting outfielder or a first baseman.
    Angels and A's also in division and I don't see Bourjos or Trumbo going that fast.
    I have a higher opinion of Richards than I do Marshall but SD might do it to get rid of salary.
    The Marlins value Nolasco more highly than this and (other than last year) normally go cheap and/or in-house for closer options.
    Joba-Wood I like the idea it makes sense.
    I don't consider Rajal Davis a real upgrade at leadoff and I would think that Delmon Young could fetch more.

Comment

Working...
    X