Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Mat Gamel

from Brewers beat writer Adam McCalvy

GM Doug Melvin offered a very strong indication that Mat Gamel will be the 1B in 2011.

'Twood be nice, I have him real cheap in my main league.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Melvin made a comment after the season ended basically stating that he was obligated to give Gamel a chance because he didn't want to lose him without seeing what he could do (like he did with Nelson Cruz).

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
        Melvin made a comment after the season ended basically stating that he was obligated to give Gamel a chance because he didn't want to lose him without seeing what he could do (like he did with Nelson Cruz).
        &*^%**($$&&*$%$&&$&&*Nelson*&^^&%Cruz*(^%$**%^% ^

There. I feel better now.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          &*^%**($$&&*$%$&&$&&*Nelson*&^^&%Cruz*(^%$**%^% ^

There. I feel better now.
          Is that for his non-catch on what would have been the final out in Game 6 of the WS, or the injuries that frustrate his fantasy owners, or something else?
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Is that for his non-catch on what would have been the final out in Game 6 of the WS, or the injuries that frustrate his fantasy owners, or something else?
            December 16, 2004: Traded by the Oakland Athletics with Justin Lehr to the Milwaukee Brewers for Keith Ginter.

July 28, 2006: Traded by the Milwaukee Brewers with Carlos Lee to the Texas Rangers for Julian Cordero (minors), Francisco Cordero, Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              July 28, 2006: Traded by the Milwaukee Brewers with Carlos Lee to the Texas Rangers for Julian Cordero (minors), Francisco Cordero, Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *(^&^%%&*(!!

Yeah, that's it. In one of the very, very few prescient posts I had on the old board, I predicted the Brewers would regret that deal. I just didn't think we'd regret it this much.

Comment

Sounds like Corey Hart is going to be getting some time at 1B this year. Basically Gamel would sit in favor of Hart when the Brewers face a tough lefty. Aoki (if signed)/Schafer/Gindl probably gets playing time in RF in this situation.

Comment

Bill James, ever the optimist when it comes to offensive projections, has Gamel down for .282-19-72.

He had a solid 8% walk rate and nice 15% K rate at AAA last year, but it was his 4th season there, so I would expect him to have the hang of it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Bill James, ever the optimist when it comes to offensive projections, has Gamel down for .282-19-72.
                    Wow...that seems like a pretty high BA. I have him pegged at .270 +/- 5 points. The 72 RBI is a pretty good "average" calculation, but he's a pretty high risk/reward guy, IMO. The Brewers will want him to be successful hitting in the 4 or 5 hole to get a LHB between Braun/ARam/Hart (or Weeks), so if he hits passably well, he'll be in an excellent position for RBI.

Comment

elD has valid points other than the "can't take a walk" note. Even though he hit only .242 in his only significant MLB exposure in '09, he still managed a pretty decent .338 OBP.

Comment

Total wildcard. Hope he gets some full-time ABs. At least for April, geez.
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                          Total wildcard. Hope he gets some full-time ABs. At least for April, geez.
                          Of that, there's virtually no doubt. If he sucks canal water in the first month or two (or gets hurt), the Brewers may give up on him. But he's the only LHB in the lineup with any kind of significant power potential.

Comment

Working...
                          X