Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Wilson Betemit

You know I have to stand up for my favorite role player

He has a 869 OPS vs RHP over the past 2 seasons (490 PA). That's better than:
    • Mike Stanton
    • Justin Upton
    • Mike Napoli
    • Billy Butler
    • Dustin Pedroia
    • Matt Kemp

Overall slash line of .293/.367/.501 vs RHP in those 490 PA hitting 54 XBH while driving in 69 runs.

He doesn't draw walks and he can't hit righties so his playing time is likely never going to be more than ~425 PA in a season, but what are your expectations for him in 2012?

From O's beat-writer: @EddieInTheYard: Wilson Betemit has been working at 3B, but Showalter said he will also see time at 1B and maybe even SS.

Comment

I like him in my daily transaction league. He's a good play if you use him correctly.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I know I'm venturing out onto thin ice when challenging Jason, but....ah, what the heck.

Betemit's really improved at taking walks - unless I'm mistaken, he's averaged just over a 10% BB rate over the last two years, which is a pretty respectable rate. IMO, his problem is more with K's - he really strikes out a lot. He did suck canal water against LHPs last year, but he was pretty good against them in '10, though both are limited databases.

Given the lack of talent at 3B, I suspect Betemit will find his way to 400-425 ABs this year, 50r-10HR-60-4-.270/.345/.450
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Hey - I LOVE Betemit. He has sucked vs LHP every year but 2010 so the less he sees of them, the better for his batting average.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            You know I have to stand up for my favorite role player

He has a 869 OPS vs RHP over the past 2 seasons (490 PA). That's better than:
            • Mike Stanton
            • Justin Upton
            • Mike Napoli
            • Billy Butler
            • Dustin Pedroia
            • Matt Kemp

Overall slash line of .293/.367/.501 vs RHP in those 490 PA hitting 54 XBH while driving in 69 runs.

He doesn't draw walks and he can't hit righties so his playing time is likely never going to be more than ~425 PA in a season, but what are your expectations for him in 2012?
            I'm trying to trade for him in my AL only league. He's a $1 and 3rd is fairly weak with the big guns already on teams. It's an OBP league so if he gets 400 AB's he wont hurt and could get double digit home runs and qualify for a few spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Hey - I LOVE Betemit. He has sucked vs LHP every year but 2010 so the less he sees of them, the better for his batting average.
              I know - the challenge was on his rep that he doesn't take a walk. IMO, he's become much better at that the last two years.

But, yeah, he saved my bacon last year at 3B - got him as a throwaway at the end of the draft at 3B and he really helped me out.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X