Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so, who are the serious players in the pujols-fielder sweepstakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so, who are the serious players in the pujols-fielder sweepstakes?

the money teams - the yankees, red sox, and phillies - are out; they all have pricey first basemen who are locked up for awhile.

the dodgers and mets are in a financial shambles, and are probably not in a position to offer mega-contracts.

so who is willing and able to pay these guys?

any chance they sign shorter term contracts so they can re-enter the market when the large market money teams might be in better position to pay them what they're worth?
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

LAA, CHC, WSH... apparently the Marlins are in on Pujols too. STL, but I don't think they would go after Prince if they couldn't get Albert.

Comment

And STL of course.

What is MIL gonna do? Go with Gamel?
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        And STL of course.

I believe that the primary option is putting Hart at 1B. And I'm not sure what that means for the OF or for Gamel.

Comment

Now the Mariners are rumored to be in on Prince as well.

Comment

I don't know if the Cubs are in. It has been very quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              And STL of course.

It's rare I disagree with JC, but I believe Gamel will start the year at 1B should the Brewers not be able to re-sign Prince. Hart is below average in RF, but not horrific. Gamel is frightening defensively wherever he plays, but sadly enough, will probably be a defensive upgrade on Fielder at 1B. If Gamel proves to be a AAAA player, then the Brewers will probably move Hart to 1B and make changes in the OF. But I really think the Brewers will give Gamel a chance to fish or cut bait.

To the question at hand, I believe the teams in on Pujols will be StL, ChC, LAA, SF, and possibly Wash and Sea. Fielder will be the same group plus the Yankees and a slight chance for the Brewers. If the years and dollars are big enough, Prince will happily DH, no matter what twaddle he's throwing out there about having to play defensively.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Fielder will be the same group plus the Yankees and a slight chance for the Brewers.
                Almost no chance that the Yankees are in on Fielder. The only realistic chance (and a very fleeting one at that) is if the Yankees trade Montero for a top of the rotation starter. Cashman has held onto Montero this long (and rightfully so, IMO), so unless the Giants suddenly make Matt Cain available for a Montero led package, he will get 400ABs at the Yankee DH next year to go with another ~100 as catcher and the Fat Prince will have to find a different kingdom.
                "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

The Marlins will make him an offer, if they haven't already, but probably not one good enough to sign him.

Comment

Working...
                  X