• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reyes a Marlin?

Seems early and no source listed but...

premature I guess

Comment

Why do the Marlins want Reyes? They already have Hanley "Headcase" Ramirez... Unless Hanley is going to pull an Arod and switch to 3rd base, it doesn't make much sense for the Marlins...
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
        Why do the Marlins want Reyes? They already have Hanley "Headcase" Ramirez... Unless Hanley is going to pull an Arod and switch to 3rd base, it doesn't make much sense for the Marlins...
        Hanley's never been a good defensive shortstop (and oftentimes he's pretty horrible), so a switch to third base or even a corner outfield spot would seem to behoove both him and the Marlins both now and in the future.

Comment

Interesting that Reyes is the "cornerstone of their off-season plan" because:
          1) they're moving to a new stadium, and are unsure how it will play as compared to their current home -- pitcher's park; speed; power, etc.?
          2) as mentioned, they have an All-Star caliber SS with a similar skill set
          3) they've seen firsthand how a skill-set based on speed can be decimated when the speed erodes
          4) Reyes will cost them 7 or 8 years, so why commit to a speed guy for that long, for the above reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Interesting that Reyes is the "cornerstone of their off-season plan" because:
            4) Reyes will cost them 7 or 8 years, so why commit to a speed guy for that long, for the above reasons?
            I heard they only offered him a 3-year deal because of the injury history...I just forget where I read it.

Comment

Teams tend to want to make big splashes the first year they move into a new stadium. The Marlins will make a big signing, whether it's Reyes or someone else.

I agree that having Ramirez doesn't preclude getting Reyes, since the Marlins have a black hole at 3B and it's unclear how much longer Ramirez will be able to play SS anyway.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
              X