2012 Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Washington Nationals

I am going to start this because I don't know a ton about them, but I'm curious. They are rumored to have some money to throw around, possibly on CJ Wilson or even Prince Fielder. 1B doesn't look like a priority since they're stuck with LaRoche and don't have a position for Morse.

Strasburg will be back at the top of their rotation and Jordan Zimmerman makes a fine #2. Chien-Ming Wang was re-signed for the rotation, and I think John Lannan is still in the mix as well.

Storen looks like a good closer, and Clippard a fine setup guy until his arm falls off. Sean Burnett is signed for another year as well.

Werth has already turned into an albatross and they have another year of Adam LaRoche at $8mil. Aside from those 2 clunkers, they have Zim at 3B when he's healthy, a solid MI in Desmond/Espinosa, and a slugger in Mike Morse that they need a place for.

I don't expect Bryce Harper to be up before September but I guess you never know. I am not sure what the Nats are doing at C or CF. Is Flores going to catch? Or Ramos, the guy they stole from the Twins?

They had guys like Gomes, Ankiel, Livan, Coffey, Gorzelanny, and Alex Cora but I'm not sure if any of them will be back.

Since they have money to throw around, I would not be surprised if they pay another team to take LaRoche off their hands.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

How many years do you have the opportunity to get a Pujols or a Fielder? Good first basemen aren't rare but they aren't Pujols.

Comment

Man this Nationals team is fun to watch. Their pitching after Strasburg is still suspect but they'll score. They seem to enjoy playing with each other also. Desmond got the Gatorade bath today. As a Desmond and Werth owner I couldn't be happier with them right now. Desmond looks like an All Star and Werth looks like he's bounced back from last seasons misery. It's early, but so far so good for this club.

Harper is scuffling in triple-A, especially against lefties so it doesn't look like he'll be up anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
          Man this Nationals team is fun to watch. Their pitching after Strasburg is still suspect but they'll score. They seem to enjoy playing with each other also. Desmond got the Gatorade bath today. As a Desmond and Werth owner I couldn't be happier with them right now. Desmond looks like an All Star and Werth looks like he's bounced back from last seasons misery. It's early, but so far so good for this club.

Harper is scuffling in triple-A, especially against lefties so it doesn't look like he'll be up anytime soon.
          Pitching after Strasburg is suspect? Zimmermann has been lights out, no? Just no run support.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            Pitching after Strasburg is suspect? Zimmermann has been lights out, no? Just no run support.
            Yeah you're right about Zim, I was thinking more about Detwiler, Jackson, and the 'Pen.

Comment

Just picked up Detwiler in both of my leagues. He has been great (16ip, 1er, 15k) in his 3 starts. Any chance that he stays in the rotation when Wang returns next month?

edit: great except for the 4 "unearned" runs in the first against Cincinnati.
              Last edited by madducks; 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Just picked up Detwiler in both of my leagues. He has been great (16ip, 1er, 15k) in his 3 starts. Any chance that he stays in the rotation when Wang returns next month?
                As long as he pitches like this he'll start, streaming him for his game in Petco. Haven't decided if I'll hold him beyond, honestly don't know anything about him other than he was a 1st round pick. Would like to know if he is doing something differntly than previous years as his K:BB #'s leave a lot to be desired. If not I'll probably drop him pretty quick. Although he is slated for the DBacks who are short Young and maybe J Up then the punchless Pirates, so he may stick around for a few games before I consider moving on.

Comment

The Nats staff doesn't have a pitcher with an ERA over Edwin Jackson's 3.63 with at least 50 IP. And the next highest ERA is 3.19. This team will be tough to beat.

Comment

Working...
                  X