No announcement yet.

2K11 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My team sucks. I'm in last place by 26 points.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      My team sucks. I'm in last place by 26 points.
      Who do you have? You should be able to do better than that!

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Who do you have? You should be able to do better than that!
        I don't think it's that bad of a team, and to be clear I'm 26 points from 11th place, not first place! I'm 58 points out of first.

Here's who I got:

C - Buck
        1B/3B - Ike Davis, EE
        2B/SS - A Casilla, A Hill, A Cabrera, Y Escobar
        OF - Willingham, Beltran, Byrd, Fowler, Sizemore, Maybin

SP - Pavano, E Jackson, Narveson, Ogando, Drabek, Braden (DL)
        RP - Farnsworth, Rauch, Santos, Capps, Frank Fransisco

I picked up Hill, then he went on the DL so I had to pick up Casilla, who is actually hitting recently, but with zero production else ware.

There are some decent guys available but it seems like every move is lateral or I drop someone and they get hot. Guys like Lind, V Wells and Maggs are available but are they upgrades right now? Perhaps over Byrd, as they are better players but just not hitting right now. Peter Bourjos is available.

Same problem as you, Storen is available I guess I don't need both Toronto guys but which one would you drop? My luck I'll pick the wrong one.

Ian Kennedy is available, his last two starts have been really good. Stauffer is also available.

Wins and saves are my best categories, though I'm only in the middle of the pack for those. RBI and AVG are ok and everything else is awful.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yeah, you can only afford to stash 1 or 2 struggling upside hitters before you have to start them and crush your numbers.

I'd drop FFrancisco for Storen. I just don't think he's any good. Even if he gets the job back you will get more from Storen. I think you should be able to find better SPs too, I'd toss EJax and Narv for Stouffer and IPK. I'd probably toss Braden too, drop Hill into the DL spot and add another flier. Your OF is actually pretty good, but I don't love Buck or Casilla.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Yeah, you can only afford to stash 1 or 2 struggling upside hitters before you have to start them and crush your numbers.

I'd drop FFrancisco for Storen. I just don't think he's any good. Even if he gets the job back you will get more from Storen. I think you should be able to find better SPs too, I'd toss EJax and Narv for Stouffer and IPK. I'd probably toss Braden too, drop Hill into the DL spot and add another flier. Your OF is actually pretty good, but I don't love Buck or Casilla.
            I don't like Buck or Casilla either. Casilla was just cause I didn't have anyone for 2B and was the hottest at the moment. He's a temporary guy at best. I just can't find anyone that much better than Buck. Suzuki is available but he's been awful so far. Jaso, Iannetta, Pierzynski are also available. I suppose I could take a change on one of them, or perhaps Conger.

What is Cueto's deal? He's sitting out there. So are Baker and Norris.

I picked up AJ Burnett and IPK for EJax and Narveson. I also cut Braden and picked up Lind for now.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I also cut Braden and picked up Lind for now.
              Looks like I did that in the nick of time.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

You can take a look at the draft results in the first post, my first round pick was Sam Fuld.
                That pick actually looks somewhat prescient at this point. I didn't read this thread initially or notice the date of the first post; when I saw the draft list, my first impression was that the draft took place on April 18 or thereabouts.

Comment

my grab and trade relievers strategy might hopefull start to pay off

I just traded and approved - Frank Francisco for Adam Dunn
                  and traded and pending approval - Storen for Crawford

I am in 7th place but need runs and HRs desperately
                  c - arencibia
                  1b - dunn
                  2b - figgins
                  ss - aviles
                  3b - c jones
                  of - beltran
                  of - r davis
                  of - l morrison
                  util - hosmer
                  util - smoak
                  bn - crisp
                  bn - hill
                  bn - damon

marcum, hudson, peavy, anderson, zambrano, webb,
                  league, fuentes, padilla, jansen, ( just got rid of francisco and hopefully storen)

Comment

I'm out of the basement! I am now trying to trade closers for hitters. We'll see how that goes.

Had to make some changes with guys on the DL (Ike Davis, Sizemore and Lind). So here who I have now.

C- Conger
                    1B- Hosmer
                    2B- Hill
                    SS- A Cabrera
                    3B- Figgins
                    OF- Beltran
                    OF- Maybin
                    OF- Brantley
                    UT- Crisp
                    UT- C Pena

SP- Cueto, Bailey, Burnett, Ogando, Kennedy
                    RP- Storen, Farnsworth, Santos, Capps, Fransisco, Salas

I'm in last in strikeouts but I'm also 60 IP below the projected innings so I don't think I should be too worried about that yet as I can do some pitch n ditch later in the season. Also, as I trade away closers I'll look to pick up starters. I think I'll be fine in that department.

Also, I'm last in steals but I hope picking up Crisp can help that and hopefully Brantley and Maybin can start running again.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Would you drop Burnett for Liriano?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Storen for Victorino?

I am in first by 23 and I have Farnsworth, Santos, Salas and Melancen. My team isn't very good but I could use some offense. My outfield isn't that bad: Lind, Beltran, Brantly, Maybin and Crisp. I have Carlos Pena and Hosmer, so I can't really move Lind off the outfield.

What do you think?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Storen for Victorino?

I am in first by 23 and I have Farnsworth, Santos, Salas and Melancen. My team isn't very good but I could use some offense. My outfield isn't that bad: Lind, Beltran, Brantly, Maybin and Crisp. I have Carlos Pena and Hosmer, so I can't really move Lind off the outfield.

What do you think?
                          In a heartbeat. You have plenty of saves, and Crisp may well get traded into a 4th OF/platoon role.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            In a heartbeat. You have plenty of saves, and Crisp may well get traded into a 4th OF/platoon role.
                            Thanks, certainly seems like a good deal for me. Just wondering if I should see if I can get anything better.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Thanks, certainly seems like a good deal for me. Just wondering if I should see if I can get anything better.
                              That's pretty good, IMO - and I just heard Maybin was injured today, so you might want to grab it now.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                That's pretty good, IMO - and I just heard Maybin was injured today, so you might want to grab it now.
                                I already accepted the offer. Hopefully Maybin isn't hurt to bad, I can plug Hosmer in there for now as two of those outfielders are in UT spots. Thanks

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X