Cubs Fire Quade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubs Fire Quade

now you won't have to think about how to pronounce his name!

Sorry for him. Glad for the Cubs and their fans.

Comment

Did his actual managing skills suck, or was it a case of being hamstrung by Hendry's awful decisions?

I suspect either the Cubs or the Cards will wind up with Francona.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Ryne Sandberg was told that he's out of the running for the job.
        There are many people upset today that Ryne Sandberg won't be the next Cubs manager, or that he won't even get a chance to interview for the job. But there's a couple things they should know. First o...

But he will be interviewing for the Cardinal's open spot.
        The Cardinals have asked the Phillies for permission to interview Triple-A manager Ryne Sandberg for their managerial opening, according to …

Comment

Theo wants someone experienced. Whoever takes the job is likely going to fail anyway, given the Cubs' outlook for the next couple of years. Maybe Theo is looking for a Showalter-type who can help build things, or a John Russell type who can competently steer the ship even though he can't avoid the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Did his actual managing skills suck, or was it a case of being hamstrung by Hendry's awful decisions?

I suspect either the Cubs or the Cards will wind up with Francona.
            I didn't follow the Cubs closely, but Quade really caught my ire on various occasions for the way he handled his starting pitching staff. He would constantly leave starters in too long when even my grandmother would've known it was time to pull them. And in interviews, Quade often came across as a dolt. He won't be missed by anyone I'd wager.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Theo wants someone experienced. Whoever takes the job is likely going to fail anyway, given the Cubs' outlook for the next couple of years. Maybe Theo is looking for a Showalter-type who can help build things, or a John Russell type who can competently steer the ship even though he can't avoid the iceberg.
              We were talking about this last night. If Theo was going to micro manage while throwing away a couple of years in the rebuilding process he would grab a rookie type or a yes man. It seems like most of the candidates are not yes men, quite the opposite. So he must expect something big out of the gate.

It depends on how you define failure. If the new manager is in step with the new Theo culture, he will be helping improve each of the next 3 years with a shot at the World Series. The World Series has got to be the goal. The playoffs are no longer the goal. Hendry did that.

This coming year may be the "throw away year" but I would think all would expect marked improvement in year 2 with a huge jump in year three.

Comment

Working...
              X