Pittsburgh Pirates 2012: the relentless pursuit of 70 wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    So far the Pirates have been involved in low scoring games. Only once so far has a team (either the Pirates or opponent) scored more than 5 runs. Their 6-1 loss on Friday was the most runs they've given up all season. They've scored 5 runs four times and gave up 5 runs three times.
    I think the A's have been involved in eight shutouts I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
      I think the A's have been involved in eight shutouts I believe.
      Yes, they have, but they have also had 8-7, 10-1 games. There are five games where a team has scored more than 5 runs.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        So far the Pirates have been involved in low scoring games. Only once so far has a team (either the Pirates or opponent) scored more than 5 runs. Their 6-1 loss on Friday was the most runs they've given up all season. They've scored 5 runs four times and gave up 5 runs three times.
        Good pitching and mediocre hitting. The Pirates may have to trade one of their coveted arms for a much needed power hitting first baseman (Angels?).

On a positive note, Pedro Alvarez is hitting .322 (10-31) with 3 hr in his last 9 games. So, maybe he is finally turning a corner and deserves to move up into the middle (4-5) of the lineup from the 6-7 spots that he has batted in so far.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

no, just keep him there where he's comfortable for now. in a few weeks, if he's still hot, then i'd move him up.
          read somewhere josh bell got hurt (seriously). anyone else hear about this?

Comment

p.s. who here lives in pittsburgh and wants to do me a favor?

Comment

Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
              no, just keep him there where he's comfortable for now. in a few weeks, if he's still hot, then i'd move him up.
              read somewhere josh bell got hurt (seriously). anyone else hear about this?
              A few weeks for the Pirates might be a few weeks of 2 runs or less per game if they don't get some good hitting from the middle of that lineup.

Bell is out until the end of 2012 season with a torn miniscus (surgery).
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X