Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Lowe traded to Cleveland

Braves picking up 10 of the 15m due him per multiple reports

Addition by subtraction and it will open up a slot for one either Teheran or Delgado.

Only paying 66% of his contract versus 90-100% like I'd have expected to convince someone to take him is refreshing.

Comment

"Great trade! Who did we get?"

Comment

Making Ubaldo look better by comparison?

Comment

Per Rotoworld:
          Atlanta will receive a Single-A left-handed reliever of little regard (Chris Jones) and eat $10 million of Lowe's $15 million salary in 2012
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Defense better be good as the infield is going to see a lot of ground balls with Lowe-Masterson and Carmona.

Comment

Some day down the road I have a story that I will have to tell about this trade.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Some day down the road I have a story that I will have to tell about this trade.
                Your real name is Cris Jones?

Comment

I have a hunch...

Comment

So.....Inquiring minds want to know.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

completely unfair in this time of 'no' baseball

Comment

Kevin, quite frankly, that is not fair. Lol, you should share freely.

Comment

Right after Squid's dinner with Mudcat Grant story, right?
                          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                            Right after Squid's dinner with Mudcat Grant story, right?
                            Exactly. Right after that.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Exactly. Right after that.
                              Ok, it's down the road. Lets hear it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                              X