• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaRussa is LaGone

Way to go out on top

good for him.

Does Duncan go with him?

Comment

Maybe he is planning to join Pujols with the Cubs next year.

Comment

I do think that this might be in part because Pujols will likely be gone...inside info that they don't intend to pay Albert what he's really worth?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Honestly, didn't Pujols have issues with TLR? I am not sure this hurts the Cards' chances to re-sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Honestly, didn't Pujols have issues with TLR? I am not sure this hurts the Cards' chances to re-sign him.
            I just recently read they had a great relationship.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I've often mocked "The Genius" for his unconventional tinkering, and suggested that his success has had a lot to with picking good situations for himself, but I will say that, during his tenure with The Cardinals, he almost always got the most out of his teams, no matter how much talent he was given to work with. His teams have always exuded professionalism and mental toughness, and hung in there when other teams might have given up the ghost. This year was no exception - his team battled through the loss of Adam Wainwright and some crazy bullpen upheaval and positioned themselves to kick in the door when Atlanta left it open for them in September.

Just my grudging admiration...
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

yep, Tony is smart, and never missed an opportunity to make sure you knew it, but like Sheep said, he always seemed to get the most out of his players. Way to go out on top.
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                X