Nlcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nlcs

Not sure how there is no thread on this, but the strike zone in game 4 has been a joke.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Wait, the Phillies won this already, right?

;]

Comment

No one cares about post season now that the Yankees and Red Sox are done. Sad.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
        And Phillies.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

J
          to the contrary ... I'm finding it very interesting ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Only if "no one" doesn't include anyone in Texas. Not quite as much buzz as last year, but I'm hearing tons of Ranger talk still, even from non-baseball fans. Now that they've made the series again, I'm sure it's going to pick up even more.

So, whatever. Good riddance.

J

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              to the contrary ... I'm finding it very interesting ...
              I saw all your comments.

Edwin Jackson pitching witht he WS on the line. Who would have thought?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Edwin Jackson pitching witht he WS on the line. Who would have thought?

J
                It was shocking enough that he pitched (and won) an elimination game in the NLDS.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  It was shocking enough that he pitched (and won) an elimination game in the NLDS.
                  Exactly. I saw him on WW in a deep league last summer.

Where will he be next year? He always had the stuff, and occasionally put together some nice runs, even a nice season in 2009. But with the White Sox he was a disaster.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Jackson's issue was the Dodgers rushed him and then sent him to the Devil Rays when he was out of options. He was a pure thrower then and had to learn how to pitch at the major league level while getting his brains beaten in. The Dodgers got the finished product that the Rays gave them and he keeps getting traded because his arbitration dollars outweigh his risks. Phenomenal arm when he has it all going.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Jackson's issue was the Dodgers rushed him and then sent him to the Devil Rays when he was out of options. He was a pure thrower then and had to learn how to pitch at the major league level while getting his brains beaten in. The Dodgers got the finished product that the Rays gave them and he keeps getting traded because his arbitration dollars outweigh his risks. Phenomenal arm when he has it all going.
                      Nah. The Dodgers are the best developers of pitching talent in baseball. Just ask them.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Wow...amazing stat

@jaysonst Little stat to chew on heading into Game 6: Brewers have lost 25 home games this yr. Shaun Marcum has started 12 of them

Comment

If Marcum shows the least bit of suckitude, he'll be out in a hurry. They'll have Narveson ready early, and everybody will be on call if necessary.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Nah. The Dodgers are the best developers of pitching talent in baseball. Just ask them.

J
                            or El D! How can Philly fan justify this two years in a row....it can't be "they caught lightning in a bottle" again?

Go Cards!
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Marcum looks done -- fastball looks like mine

Comment

Working...
                              X