Say this for the Orioles......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Riemold and Pie arent prospects in my eyes.
    I'm not ready to give up on Reimold yet, although even his ceiling is limited. And I still think there is something to Pie, although I've been waiting for him to break out for what seems like 10 years now.

In any case, no question Baltimore is going to be more competitive this year, which is excellent. I even see a sliver of hope for their pitching.
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
      I'm not ready to give up on Reimold yet, although even his ceiling is limited. And I still think there is something to Pie, although I've been waiting for him to break out for what seems like 10 years now.

In any case, no question Baltimore is going to be more competitive this year, which is excellent. I even see a sliver of hope for their pitching.

Riemold is 28. Pie is 26. Now the arguement can be made they havent been given enough of a chance but Pie showed nothing in 300 PA's last year and there must be some reason the O's are willing to give the spots to veteran FA's over them.

Just because ball players are relatively young doesnt mean they deserve a chance.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Riemold is 28. Pie is 26. Now the arguement can be made they havent been given enough of a chance but Pie showed nothing in 300 PA's last year and there must be some reason the O's are willing to give the spots to veteran FA's over them.

Just because ball players are relatively young doesnt mean they deserve a chance.
        Agree completely. But Reimold has shown a little power and sometimes those guys put it together late. Pie is unquestionably one of the most frustrating players around, but the potential is still there. His BA the last two years hasn't been that bad and he has a little power and a little speed. And 26 isn't 29, but I'll agree it's damn close. Now, I'm not saying both will be All-Stars -- just that there is still a possibility one or both could make a positive contribution this year.

On the other hand, if the Orioles season hinges on these two players, it's going to be another long year!
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Well, first of all, Reimold is 27, and Pie just turned 26 yesterday (Happy Birthday Felix!), so neither is beyond the stage where they can contribute for a good 5 years or more. Secondly, 2 years ago Reimold had 15 HR's, 8 steals, and a .279/.365/466 stat line, something the O's can build on. Unfortunately, he got jerked around (shocking) last year and was eventually sent down so the O's could sign and play Corey Patterson...a pattern which should NOT be repeated. And giving the O's credit for knowing what they're doing is probably the wrong thing to do, based on their history for the last couple of decades.

Again, nobody is saying that either guys is THE answer, but they can be a PART of the answer.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Did they move Vlad to 9th?

Hardy hasn't been north of 20 HR for two full years, and given his awful trends and breaking down body, I'd be shocked to see him get even close to 20 this year.

Even with the DL time,Hardy has a good shot at 20 bombs. He has been a great
            Pickup fot the Os.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Even with the DL time,Hardy has a good shot at 20 bombs. He has been a great
              Pickup fot the Os.
              He's been good so far...but we'll see if he makes it another 20 games or so healthy or not.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                He's been good so far...but we'll see if he makes it another 20 games or so healthy or not.
                Why wouldnt he make another 20 games if he was healthy?

Comment

Working...
                X