Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epstein on the Verge of Going to Chicago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epstein on the Verge of Going to Chicago?

MLBTradeRumors reports that Theo is close to taking the Cubs GM job.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Please please please let it be so!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Fans are so ungrateful

Comment

From RotoWorld:
        ESPN.com's Buster Olney reports that Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein would be restricted from taking Boston employees to Chicago with him, via a trade agreement between the clubs.
        The only exception would be defections that the Red Sox agree to. Sean McAdam of Comcast Sports Net reported around the same time that the Cubs are seeking help from major league baseball on "compensation protocol," but that it is an issue that Boston and Chicago will work out amongst themselves. Epstein, 38, won two World Series titles in Boston and made the playoffs in six of his nine seasons.

If that's the only compensation then I think the Cubs did pretty well. I was expecting the Red Sox to insist that they had to take Lackey's contract.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

What are the rules in MLB for an executive to move? If I remember right, in the NFL, an executive can move without compensation if the move is up (like assistant GM to GM, assistant coach to head coach and so on), but a lateral move can involve compensation. Is it the same in MLB?
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Fans are so ungrateful
            For wanting Theo? Was their previous GM really that good?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              What are the rules in MLB for an executive to move? If I remember right, in the NFL, an executive can move without compensation if the move is up (like assistant GM to GM, assistant coach to head coach and so on), but a lateral move can involve compensation. Is it the same in MLB?
              I believe that since he has a year left on his contract the Red Sox have the right to compensation for letting him out of his contract. That's what my co-workers tell me. If you read the comments on the link I posted a few people think it should be Starlin Castro. No way that happens.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

ESPN is reporting its a done deal.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

So to recap, the Cubs get another false messiah and the Red Sox lose their "boy wonder". Trying hard to come up with a downside here...
                  "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

How many parting arrows does Epstein get in the back on his way out the door? The next five days on Boston Radio and Globe/Herald will have the Cubs thinking wtf did we do now?
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                      How many parting arrows does Epstein get in the back on his way out the door? The next five days on Boston Radio and Globe/Herald will have the Cubs thinking wtf did we do now?

It's starting to get ugly.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Go search the #TheoDayOne hashtag on Twitter -- we're having fun

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          good times never seemed so good. lol
                          ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Gammons saying the Sox could receive Brett Jackson as compensation?

Michael Kay said the Cubs should take John Lackey as comp.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Michael Kay said the Cubs should take John Lackey as comp.
                              That's what everyone in Boston wants.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X