Yeah rushed too quickly for sure!

Good
    Elite speed
    Groundball tilt
    Still young

Bad
    MLB Eye (8% BB, 68% CT) Terrible for a guy who is speed based
    xBA says he's not better than a .250 hitter

I expect more growing pains and less than 400 ABs.
    This pretty much sums it up for me. If the Padres' other options fizzle, I can see him getting 400 ABs, hitting .230 and stealing 25 bags. But there is a lot here not to like.

Comment

The low expectations combined with the change of scenery make him the perfect post-hype sleeper candidate for NL-only leagues (assuming you can get him cheaply).

Remember, you heard it here first.

(Of course, all bets are off if DonQ rosters him. )
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

The Padres are pretty committed to giving him every opportunity to play. He'll get 400 ABs easy. What he does with those ABs remains to be seen. As long as he can play solid Defense in CF and hit .230, he'll start.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
          The low expectations combined with the change of scenery make him the perfect post-hype sleeper candidate for NL-only leagues (assuming you can get him cheaply).

Remember, you heard it here first.

(Of course, all bets are off if DonQ rosters him. )
          Throw him out for a buck or maybe raise him to 2. If you get him, great, if not, your average will thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            In Mock One, I took him as my O5 in Round 16, passing on some guys who will probably be solid. I hope I haven't doomed the kid.
            That's what I did in last year's Mock One, and you know how that ended.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Cameron Maybin has been absolutely en fuego.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Cameron Maybin has been absolutely en fuego.
                He's been a nice pickup for me. I plugged him in when Tabata went down, and I've been very pleased lately. A 162-game pace would put him at 10 HR and 38 SBs...and more importantly, he's hitting for a solid .277 BA. Maybe the change of scenery was exactly what he needed.

Comment

Working...
                X