No announcement yet.

OK, Keeper List.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not seeing a lot of upside - outside of your cheap guys I don't see much profit potential. I'd keep Wright simply because 3B is that thin, but I'm hard pressed to keep Crawford for 43, Felix for 37, and Ortiz for 11. Might need to keep Felix and Crawford just so you're not going into the auction with nothing.

Comment

Wright, Dempster, and LaPorta are the least likely to return a profit IMO. I'd throw Wright and one of the other two back and try to repurchase Wright and/or Dempster. LaPorta has yet to impress me; you may be able to get him back for a buck if you want him.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Bottom line is that you need to pay the price for one or two studs to lead your squad. You have to pay for that kind of production. I've tried the make max profit on every player approach and it usually falls short.

As others have said, Wright is a bit questionable, but Felix and Crawford give you a solid base to build on

Comment

The unfortunate part of my list is that I don't have a lot of players who'll return profit, if any. It the hangover from dealing all my value to try and win the league (took 2nd) and with inflation, I'm thinking it's smarter to keep some high dollar studs rather than throw them back for some mid-level, low cost player who even at those salaries, are at value.

I'll of course monitor Spring Training before making a call, but of those you've suggested tossing--I'm still on the fence about Wright and LaPorta

I have Zorbist at $10 (though he's not on my good side), Jaso for $4 and Madson at $1 as possible replacements. I can also just go into the auction with fewer than 10m players. I do have Paplebon at $26, but after last season's struggles--I'm a bit leery.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            The unfortunate part of my list is that I don't have a lot of players who'll return profit, if any. It the hangover from dealing all my value to try and win the league (took 2nd) and with inflation, I'm thinking it's smarter to keep some high dollar studs rather than throw them back for some mid-level, low cost player who even at those salaries, are at value.

I'll of course monitor Spring Training before making a call, but of those you've suggested tossing--I'm still on the fence about Wright and LaPorta

I have Zorbist at $10 (though he's not on my good side), Jaso for $4 and Madson at $1 as possible replacements. I can also just go into the auction with fewer than 10m players. I do have Paplebon at $26, but after last season's struggles--I'm a bit leery.
            I always liked Zobrist (and most other players with a "Z" in their name). You could easily trade him for guys like David Murphy at $5, Yunel Escobar at $6, Torii Hunter at $19, and even Huston Street at only $9. I dare say that there's more profit in a Street at that price than a Papelbon at $26. You might even get two of these players for a Zobrist. That could even relieve you of the prospect of carrying in LaPorta, who may show no profit, even at a $1 salary.

With a combo of Murphy and Street, you have a good all-around outfielder to replace LaPorta, plus a guy to get you some good cheap saves. I know you could get these guys for Zobrist because, of course, they are my guys.
            Last edited by ; 02-11-2011, 02:33 AM.

Comment

I agree with your assessment and with you doing the auction remote, it's gonna be hard to really feel the pulse of the auction and you could get bid up.
              Pulse? Pulse? You mean with all that alcohol the night before, people actually have a pulse?

On a serious note, I'd keep Zobrist at 10 before Wright at 35 or LaPorta at 1.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

what about Lucky's offer of a $9 Street?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

what about Lucky's offer of a $9 Street?
                  If he comes with Murphy $5, I'd very seriously consider that.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    If he comes with Murphy $5, I'd very seriously consider that.
                    Yeah, I think that would be a good deal for Doig, getting Murphy at $5 and Street at $9 for Zobrist, even if it meant giving up a draft pick. I have run probably keepers for each team (based either upon stated intentions or upon greatest value) and inflation in the league this year will be very high.

So, let's help Doig out by convincing him to make a deal with Lucky!

P.S. I have another offer outstanding which involves at least one of those players, so I may not get to make a deal with Doig after all. Doig, if the other deal doesn't go through, let's talk.
                    Last edited by ; 02-11-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

OK, I made a couple of moves and have this in mind for Keepers. Given there is likely to be 25%-30% inflation and not wanting to go in with 8/9 pitching slots locked here's my tentative list:

Crawford $43
                      Ortiz $11
                      Zorbist $10 (2b/1b/Of elig)
                      A Torres $1

King Felix $37
                      Dempster $15
                      Wandy $13
                      Nunez $2
                      Stauffer $1
                      Kuo $1/Madson $1

I still have a shot at obtaining League $2 or Street $9, but would rather go with Kuo as his numbers project to be better and if Broxton struggles in camp, is first in line to close.

Any thing that I'm missing?

RotoLab gives me $24 in profit, which should go up as I load the 14 other teams keepers and inflation is taken into account.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X