Free Agents after this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agents after this year?

A buddy and I were talking about how to rebuild the Cubs in the off season. Not very promising

Where can I find a list of free agents after this year?

Other than Fielder or Pujols I am not sure where they could spend money to help the team. The Cubs need so much help that it may not do any good to get either. Just wondering what is out there to spend on?

MLBTR keeps a list

MLBTR's up-to-date list of 2012 MLB free agents is below.  These are players who are eligible for free agency after the …

Jose Reyes? The Cubs really don't need a shortstop. CJ Wilson? I guess it's possible. After that... not much. Buehrle? EJax? Cuddyer?

There really isn't a ton out there, but the Cubs need a lot of time to get things straightened out, so why sign a guy for 5 years when your team will suck for the first 3?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      why sign a guy for 5 years when your team will suck for the first 3?
      I don't know, ask the Nationals.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I prefer Cots:

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          MLBTR keeps a list

MLBTR's up-to-date list of 2012 MLB free agents is below.  These are players who are eligible for free agency after the …

Jose Reyes? The Cubs really don't need a shortstop. CJ Wilson? I guess it's possible. After that... not much. Buehrle? EJax? Cuddyer?

There really isn't a ton out there, but the Cubs need a lot of time to get things straightened out, so why sign a guy for 5 years when your team will suck for the first 3?
          Thanks fellas.

JC, that is one of our arguments. The time. On the other hand are fans willing to support a team that is not spending money? A catch 22. No fans no money, no spending no fans. I know the fans keep coming, but there is more unrest than in the past.

Comment

Working...
          X