Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help w/ keepers 2012 AL

12 team AL only with OBP 23 position 9 pitcher

My players to choose from (keep up to 15)

C Torrealba 4
    1B Hosmer 10
    1B Allen 7
    2B Weeks 10
    2B Kipnis 10
    SS Y.Escobar 11
    3B Moustakas 10
    3B Seager 3
    OF De Aza 1
    OF Thames 8
    OF/1B Carp 5
    OF Reimold 10
    OF Angle 1

SP CJ Wilson 12
    SP E.Santana 18
    SP C.Lewis 11
    SP CC 33
    SP J.Gomez 1
    SP Furbush 1
    SP Holland 11
    Benoit 2
    Bard 2
    CL Bailey 11

Minors (keep 3) Machado, Profar, L.Martin (tex), Bentances, Turner

My pitching has some solid proven guys while my hitting has mostly great potential guys, but I think that most all of them could be starters next season except maybe Angle and Seager. If Pierre is not resigned, I see De Aza starting and maybe leading off.

C Torrealba 4
    1B Hosmer 10 keep
    1B Allen 7 keep, will return a decent profit
    2B Weeks 10 keep
    2B Kipnis 10
    SS Y.Escobar 11 keep
    3B Moustakas 10
    3B Seager 3 keep...next year's Valencia?
    OF De Aza 1
    OF Thames 8 keep
    OF/1B Carp 5 keep
    OF Reimold 10 he's been red hot but I think you can get him for much less
    OF Angle 1

SP CJ Wilson 12 keep
    SP E.Santana 18
    SP C.Lewis 11 keep
    SP CC 33 keep - I spend 30+ on an arm and a bat every year

SP J.Gomez 1
    SP Furbush 1 keep...worth the flier
    SP Holland 11
    Benoit 2
    Bard 2
    CL Bailey 11 - keep

Don't know enough about these guys.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I'm going to look to try and aquire a cheap 3rd baseman for 2012. Can anyone see a combination of players on my end that would get me one of the following guys?

I would like to try and keep and not trade Hosmer,Weeks and Bailey

Again, it's a keeper league

Bautista $7 2012 last yr and owner has a weak team to take in and could use 2-3 players

Longoria $20 2012 last yr and owner has a decent team to take in but lacks pitching

I'm willing to give up 2, maybe 3 guys for one of those two

Comment

I'd dangle Bard while he is the heir apparent in Boston. You will have to give up a young hitter. You could offer Carp and see if anyone bites. I don't think I'd give up Hosmer for a year of Bautista or Longoria. Wilson is at a nice price but as a UFA he's risky. If he signs in the AL you have a legitimate trading chip for Longo.

Here's a thought: send the owners an e-mail asking what they would want, then post their replies here.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I'd dangle Bard while he is the heir apparent in Boston. You will have to give up a young hitter. You could offer Carp and see if anyone bites. I don't think I'd give up Hosmer for a year of Bautista or Longoria. Wilson is at a nice price but as a UFA he's risky. If he signs in the AL you have a legitimate trading chip for Longo.

Here's a thought: send the owners an e-mail asking what they would want, then post their replies here.
          Thanks i'll do that. I'll probably wait and hope that CJ signs soon in the AL because both owners could use a pitcher and I would have some to give up. I'm not sure anyone will bite on Bard because they still may sign a closer and best case is that they announce Bard as closer at the end of spring training if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post

My players to choose from (keep up to 15)

C Torrealba 4
            1B Hosmer 10
            1B Allen 7
            2B Weeks 10
            2B Kipnis 10
            SS Y.Escobar 11
            3B Moustakas 10
            3B Seager 3
            OF De Aza 1
            OF Thames 8
            OF/1B Carp 5
            OF Reimold 10
            OF Angle 1

SP CJ Wilson 12
            SP E.Santana 18
            SP C.Lewis 11
            SP CC 33
            SP J.Gomez 1
            SP Furbush 1
            SP Holland 11

Benoit 2
            Bard 2
            CL Bailey 11

My pitching has some solid proven guys while my hitting has mostly great potential guys, but I think that most all of them could be starters next season except maybe Angle and Seager. If Pierre is not resigned, I see De Aza starting and maybe leading off.
            That's how I'd do it

Comment

5x5 or 4x4?

Either way, Bailey has value, but moreso in a 4x4.

Also assuming that unless you have to commit to a winter roster, your keeper list doesn't have to be in til mid to late March. Kipnis, Allen and perhaps even Reimold could have some value depending on FA signings and roles coming out of spring training.
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post

He will not get close to his targets by offering these two.

Comment

C Torrealba 4
                  1B Hosmer 10
                  1B Allen 7
                  2B Weeks 10
                  2B Kipnis 10
                  SS Y.Escobar 11
                  3B Moustakas 10
                  3B Seager 3
                  OF De Aza 1 (looks like he will be starting and possibly leading off)
                  OF Thames 8
                  OF/1B Carp 5
                  OF Reimold 10
                  OF Angle 1

SP CJ Wilson 12 (I think he'll be even better playing in Anahiem)
                  SP E.Santana 18
                  SP C.Lewis 11
                  SP CC 33
                  SP J.Gomez 1
                  SP Furbush 1
                  SP Holland 11 (kind of on the fence between him and Lewis. I'll trade one)
                  Benoit 2
                  Bard 2 (if he's starting, I think $2 is a good risk)
                  CL Bailey 11

Kipnis, Reimold, Thames, Allen, Moustakas, Seager, Santana, Lewis and Furbush would all be keepers in my league if they all start, so I have some pieces to make some trades. I'm really going to focus in on getting Longoria, Bautista or both.

Comment

So here's where I'm at and could use a little input. I have 3 trades I'm working on and I think all 3 together work well.

Traded Bard and Lewis for Wieters so right now I have for my keepers
                    C Wieters $7
                    1B Hosmer $10
                    2B Weeks $15 (sorry, he's $15 not $10)
                    SS Escobar $11
                    3B Moustakas $10
                    MI Kipnis $10
                    OF De Aza $1
                    OF Thames $8
                    OF Reimold $10
                    OF Carp $5

SP CJ $12
                    SP Santana $18
                    SP CC $33
                    SP Holland $11
                    Cl Bailey $11

Have these offers on the Table

1. My CC $33 and Weeks $15 (2yrs) for Zorbist (1yr) $6
                    2. My Santana $18, Thames $8 and Carp $5 (all 3 good for 2yrs) and my 2nd rnd reserve pick (13th overall) for Longoria $20 (1yr) and 2nd overall pick in reserve draft (that would give me the first 2 reserve picks)
                    3. My Profar ($5 minors), Furbush $1 (2yrs) and Endy Chavez $5 (2yrs) for Cano $24 (1yr)

I think all 3 guys are really good values for this year, but after this year I lose them back to the draft. I would only end up with Holland and CJ as starters. I may be able to get a $21 Shields fairly cheap and I would take him in. I think trading pitching for solid offense in the off season is a good move. I can always trade offense for an ACE starter if things are working out.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

Not sure what you guys think about DeAza of the Whitesox, but i have him For only $1 for 2 yrs and I like him for 25-30 cheap source of SBs and I have two owners wanting him in a deal and they wont back off right now, so which is the better deal?

My CC $33 (1yr) and DeAza $1 (2yrs) for Zorbist $6 (1yr)
                      or
                      My DeAza, Furbush $1 (2yrs) and Profar (minors $5) for Cano $24 (1yr)

I'm thinking Zorbist for the better value and OF/2B/MI eligibility

Your thoughts

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X