Mauer Done for the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mauer Done for the Year

Star Tribune's Lavalle' Neal is reporting Joe is done for the season with pneumonia.

Not like he has been great this year.

Hopefully, he can start getting ready for 2K12.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Mauer will end up being the biggest bust of a contract in MLB history. The favorite son that sinks the franchise for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by wilbur wood View Post
      Mauer will end up being the biggest bust of a contract in MLB history. The favorite son that sinks the franchise for a decade.
      I think we're a long way away from making that assertion. It's much more likely that, upon finding a position at 1st base or in the outfield, Mauer ends up being a very productive but also somewhat overpaid member of the Twins. Todd Helton comes to mind as a comparison.

Funny, though. Two years ago, almost everyone was very happy that Mauer didn't go to the Yankees and stuck with the hometown team. I bet plenty of people would love it if he was on the Yankees now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
        I think we're a long way away from making that assertion. It's much more likely that, upon finding a position at 1st base or in the outfield, Mauer ends up being a very productive but also somewhat overpaid member of the Twins. Todd Helton comes to mind as a comparison.

Funny, though. Two years ago, almost everyone was very happy that Mauer didn't go to the Yankees and stuck with the hometown team. I bet plenty of people would love it if he was on the Yankees now.
        Of course, I remember how outraged the Minnesotans were when I suggested that signing Mauer long term to a contract with those dollars attached was monumentally stupid of the Twins and also said I didn't want the Yankees anywhere near the guy
        Last edited by Bob Kohm; 09-16-2011, 08:46 PM.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

The man has some serious health issues. He has virtually no cartilage left in his knee having already has synvisc injections at age 27. He had some extended viral infection earlier in the year that then created bi-lateral leg weakness. Now in the middle of the summer a robust 28 year old in the prime of his life comes down with pneumonia???? Is he 28 or 82? Pretty sad situation

Comment

He was far more interested in doing commercials that getting in proper shape to catch 130 games. He needs to cut the distractions, and get down to earning that 23 million a year, or the Twins will indeed suck for the next 5 years. He'll never be worth what that contract pays him, but he's a HOF level player IF he decides that he wants to commit to getting there. Catchers with a .323 career average and 3 batting titles are a rare thing indeed...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by wilbur wood View Post
              The man has some serious health issues. He has virtually no cartilage left in his knee having already has synvisc injections at age 27. He had some extended viral infection earlier in the year that then created bi-lateral leg weakness. Now in the middle of the summer a robust 28 year old in the prime of his life comes down with pneumonia???? Is he 28 or 82? Pretty sad situation
              He needs to increase his Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 intake.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
              X