Congratulations to the Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to the Pirates

19 straight season is a dynasty in my book.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Is this the Reds fan version of kicking the dog after a bad day at work?
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Is this the Reds fan version of kicking the dog after a bad day at work?
      You just dont know how to give credit when credit is due.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

And they were in first around the All-Star break, too.

Their mistake was trading for hitting instead of pitching. The first-half performance of most of their pitchers was a mirage, and they should have known it.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Exactly. The odds of that staff still standing tall come September were approximately zero. Having ANY SP who never has thrown 200 MLB IP in a season before is worth pondering for a GM. Their situation was utterly untenable.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            And they were in first around the All-Star break, too.

Their mistake was trading for hitting instead of pitching. The first-half performance of most of their pitchers was a mirage, and they should have known it.
            It`s admirable that they went out and blew some cash on players to give the team a shot, but I`m sure they would have had to give up a lot more than what they did to get a SP rental of any value whatsoever.

It took Colby Rasmus for the Cards to land pitching help. I`m sure Pirates fans are happy they didn`t mortgage the future in such a way.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

The Onion called it:

PITTSBURGH—In order to deepen some holes in their lineup and increase their chances of a second-half collapse, the Pittsburgh Pirates acquired first baseman Derrek Lee and outfielder Ryan Ludwick Sunday. “They’re both experienced losers who we’re hoping will come in here and help us surge right to the bottom of the NL Central,” Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said in a statement, adding that after six consecutive losses, the team is now poised to make a last-place run. “Not only do we think they’ll take our offense and defense to a whole new level of horrible, but overall, I think this will prove to Pirate fans that this team is committed to losing for years to come.” Huntington reportedly urged young players not to rely on their new stars, emphasizing that a successful nosedive would require everyone to play like ****.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                The Onion called it:

PITTSBURGH—In order to deepen some holes in their lineup and increase their chances of a second-half collapse, the Pittsburgh Pirates acquired first baseman Derrek Lee and outfielder Ryan Ludwick Sunday. “They’re both experienced losers who we’re hoping will come in here and help us surge right to the bottom of the NL Central,” Pirates general manager Neal Huntington said in a statement, adding that after six consecutive losses, the team is now poised to make a last-place run. “Not only do we think they’ll take our offense and defense to a whole new level of horrible, but overall, I think this will prove to Pirate fans that this team is committed to losing for years to come.” Huntington reportedly urged young players not to rely on their new stars, emphasizing that a successful nosedive would require everyone to play like ****.
                Great stuff!! The Onion is the sh!t.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Unnecessary roughness thread. But the Onion post was good.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I teach kids now that have never seen the Pirates above .500. It is sad.

Comment

You are a college professor, then?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        You are a college professor, then?
                        Haha good point, for the last 2 years I have been teaching these kids. It just is sad, I at least I have 90, 91, and 92 (though Fernando Cabrera haunts my dreams).

Comment

Huh, I figured it would be Francisco Cabrera:

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Francisco Cabrera. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

I take it Fernando stole your first love?

jk

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            Huh, I figured it would be Francisco Cabrera:

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Francisco Cabrera. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

I take it Fernando stole your first love?

jk
                            Nice, I hate him so much I have changed his name and that damn Steve Bream

Comment

I think psychologists call this a "coping mechanism."

All teasing aside, I continue to root for the Pirates fans to finally catch another pennant race. They deserve it.

Maybe next year?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                              X