Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2k12 and beyond keeper catchers (12 tm AL only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k12 and beyond keeper catchers (12 tm AL only)

12 tm 5x5 AL only 260 cap

Have three cheap keeper catchers available (Hank Conger 3A, Salvador Perez 3A and Ryan Lavarnway 5A) Can really only keep two due to roster restrictions of current players.

We have a continual 14 day period to make moves or lose players and Lavarnway's deadline is Monday night.

Which 2 of the 3 would you keep going forward?

The rest of my roster:

1b Carlos Santana 3 B
    2b Gordon Beckham 1 E (means he goes up 5 pts each of the next two years)
    3b Lonnie Chisenhall 6 A
    SS Yamaico Navarro 3 A
    MI Dustin Ackley 6 A
    CO Brett Lawrie 6 A
    OF Peter Bourjos 15 A
    OF Eric Thames 5 A
    OF Mike Trout 6 A
    OF Mark Trumbo 11 A
    OF Dayan Viciedo 4 A
    UT Jason Kipnis 4 A

As you can see, I really can't bump anyone. The weakest position is SS but none of the other players have played even 1 gm at SS so I can't move them there. Also have Franklin Gutierrez 3 A, Michael Brantley 3 A and Wil Myers 4 A on bench...

And yes, I dumped to get Santana, Ackley, Trout, Kipnis, Chisenhall and Beckham...

TIA
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

1) you have a ton of cheap talent. can't you just cut Navarro and plan to buy Pedroia? or trade for him now if he's on a cheap contract or something?
    2) that's probably too optimistic though. of the catchers, I'd probably cut Conger -- I don't see the Angels getting any more friendly to him next year. you're definitely keeping Perez, he's the only one with a guaranteed job.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      1) you have a ton of cheap talent. can't you just cut Navarro and plan to buy Pedroia? or trade for him now if he's on a cheap contract or something?
      2) that's probably too optimistic though. of the catchers, I'd probably cut Conger -- I don't see the Angels getting any more friendly to him next year. you're definitely keeping Perez, he's the only one with a guaranteed job.
      Thx mjl... but I have to cut one this year, in the next 5 days, in order to maintain my roster integrity. But obviously, I am looking more towards next year but still have to finish out this year first.

I am leaning toward cutting Conger as well... If the Sox don't sign Ortiz, Lavarnway could be a cheap keeper and backup catcher. I love Conger and would like to see him get a shot but unless someone goes on the DL for me in the next 5 days, I will have to cut someone this year...

As for Pedroia, he is still a 2b and I am loaded at 2b with Ackley, Kipnis and Beckham (assuming he doesn't suck again) and will need a SS.
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I'd take Lavarnway and Perez. Conger seems to be in Scioscia's s**thouse and there's no way out of that house once you're in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          I'd take Lavarnway and Perez. Conger seems to be in Scioscia's s**thouse and there's no way out of that house once you're in it.
          So Napoli taught him nothing....that's the first negative I've heard about Scioscia's management style...

Thanks Jas...you guys are affirming my original thought.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
            So Napoli taught him nothing....that's the first negative I've heard about Scioscia's management style...

Thanks Jas...you guys are affirming my original thought.
            Angels fan here and Mike has made reference to Congers defense not being where it needs to be. Same as what he was saying about Napoli. I would not take Conger in.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
              Angels fan here and Mike has made reference to Congers defense not being where it needs to be. Same as what he was saying about Napoli. I would not take Conger in.
              Thanks, Price...much appreciated

Comment

Working...
              X