2012 Keepers -- NL Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Keepers -- NL Only

I'm going to join the parade discussing 2012 keepers. Deep NL only 5x5 league. Keep 7 max. If you would extend anyone, please note that too. If you think I could flip some (likely outside the top 7) for upgrades, eager to hear that too. Thanks!

Keeper possibilities:

Nick Hundley $2 (option year)
    Freddy Sanchez $5 (option year)
    Zack Cozart $8
    Aubrey Huff $16 (option year)
    Lucas Duda $1
    Chase Headley $16
    Craig Kimbrel $14 (option year)
    Cory Luebke $1
    Brandon Beachy $2
    Adam Wainwright $13
    Bud Norris $7
    Edward Mujica $10

Obvious ones are Duda, Kimbrel (with extension), Luebke, Beachy, Wainwright. Hundley if you use two catchers (dunno about extending him, but I probably would). Last one... probably Norris. If your league has enough teams that just getting starters at a position is valuable and Cozart gets named the starter, he's worth thinking about or trying to package in a trade, but he's clearly less good than the rest of your keepers, I think.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Thanks, mjl. Similar to what I was thinking. Anyone else? Thoughts on how to package some of the excess?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Thanks, mjl. Similar to what I was thinking. Anyone else? Thoughts on how to package some of the excess?
        Once you have ID'd your top 7, I would package #7 and everything else for the cheapest, best stud you can get (a 6 or 7 for 1). Sure, you might revitalize another team, but you are looking to max out your keeper list so every else is superfluous regardless.

I will be doing just that in the league I mentioned in my 2k12 thread in this forum. With pitchers, I potentially have 18 keepers and can only keep a max of 13. I will trade one of my bottom 13 and nearly everything else to get one cheap stud... Someone will reap my 6, 7 or 8 for 1 offer in the offseason...
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Hundley - I'd probably extend too
          Duda
          Kimbrel - extend
          Luebke
          Beachy
          Wainwright

I'd be OK with Headley as the 7th. Norris would be my next choice, but I wouldn't tie up 5 of my 7 keepers with pitchers.
          Norris might have more value in trades too so I'd package him up with Headley & the rest. See what bat you could get.

Comment

I'd go:

Hundley - don't extend
            Duda
            Kimbrel - extend
            Luebke
            Beachy
            Wainwright
            Norris

Comment

Working...
            X