2K12 Keepers - 10 team AL 5x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12 Keepers - 10 team AL 5x5

I dumped and have held steady in 6th. Ahhh, what might have been. Can keep 12.

Jaso 4
    Conger 7
    Hosmer 10
    Hardy 10
    Cabrera 2
    Jennings 11
    Allen 10
    Reddick 10
    Cain 7
    Pineda 8
    Buehrle 2
    Ogando 4
    Drabek 4
    Bard 5
    McGee 7

I go with these guys:

Hosmer 10
    Hardy 10
    Cabrera 2
    Jennings 11
    Allen 10
    Reddick 10
    Cain 7
    Pineda 8
    Buehrle 2
    Ogando 4
    Bard 5
    McGee 7

Thoughts?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

McGee? As in Tampa Bay's McGee? There's no way I'd keep him at 7. He's buried at closer now, and buried as a starter. If I'm having a massive brain lapse here, and there's a McGee I'm missing in the AL, let me know. I'd keep one less player, the 7 bucks and throw him back if it's Jake McGee.

Cain at 7...I'm not sure. Is Melky a FA this year? If so, then Cain is a good risk. If not, I don't see him as more than a 4th OF to start the year. I guess the odds of one of Melky, Francouer or Gordon sucking or getting hurt is pretty good, so maybe he's not bad at 7.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I wouldn't keep anywhere near 12 of those guys. No way on Cain or McGee. I'd only keep Reddick or Allen if they have a job. At this point we don't know. I like the rest of them just fine.

Comment

I don't have to freeze 12. I liked Cain this year but filled my OF before he came up, then traded for him. He should be in KC next year and steal 30, even as a 4th OF. Am I just drinking the Kool-Aid?

Comment

In a 10 team league I would protect only the very absolute guaranteed below market mlb contracts and superstar potential prospects.

Cain at 7...mcgee at 7...hardy at 10...allen and reddick at 10? Just quickly naming a few of the throw backs.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            I don't have to freeze 12. I liked Cain this year but filled my OF before he came up, then traded for him. He should be in KC next year and steal 30, even as a 4th OF. Am I just drinking the Kool-Aid?
            I don't think he'll steal 30 as a 4th OF, barring an early injury. If he gets a starting gig, then yes, I think he'll steal 30.

I'm differing with a couple of the guys, as I think Brandon Allen at 10 in a 10 team AL only league is a pretty good price. They're going to find a home for him at 1B or the OF. Hardy comes with plenty of risk, but I suspect he's a low $20s SS in your league. Reddick...well, the other guys could be right, but I'm really wondering why he won't play a lot, if not start, in the Boston OF next year. But I'd rate Reddick 3rd on the throw-off-the train group, right after McGee and Cain.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Hosmer 10
              Hardy 10 (maybe because SS)
              Cabrera 2
              Jennings 11
              Allen 10 (Probably not)
              Reddick 10 (probably not)
              Cain 7 (no, pick him up for $1 in the draft if he's a 4th OFer)
              Pineda 8
              Buehrle 2
              Ogando 4
              Bard 5 (he's ok at $5, but not great and Paps probably gets re-signed)
              McGee 7 (no, unless obviously he is somehow named the opening day closer which I highly doubt unless there are a number of injuries. Get him in the draft for $1 if you think he may grow into the role during the season)

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
                Hosmer 10
                Hardy 10 (maybe because SS)
                Cabrera 2
                Jennings 11
                Allen 10 (Probably not)
                Reddick 10 (probably not)
                Cain 7 (no, pick him up for $1 in the draft if he's a 4th OFer)
                Pineda 8
                Buehrle 2
                Ogando 4
                Bard 5 (he's ok at $5, but not great and Paps probably gets re-signed)
                McGee 7 (no, unless obviously he is somehow named the opening day closer which I highly doubt unless there are a number of injuries. Get him in the draft for $1 if you think he may grow into the role during the season)
                Agree 100%, though I may take a chance on Allen or Reddick if their value is projected in the mid-teens.

Comment

I'd probably try and trade Allen, maybe Hardy and maybe try to package one of them with another questionable guy to try and see if you can get maybe a good value catcher or someone who is a more proven player that is a good value. Allen would be your CI guy and myself, I usually like to leave CI, MI and of course DH, open going into the draft unless I have a real big value, little more proven player. Most of the guys that you have show some good potential, but keep in mind that a few haven't had much experience or are coming off a career year like Milky and to a point, Hardy since he's only had 2 good seasons out of 7 prior to this year. My most unlikely to trade guys, unless I got blown away, would be Hosmer, Jennings, Pineda and maybe Ogando at that price.

Thanks for your help in the past and I'll be posting my "who to keep for 2012" in a bit

Comment

Working...
                  X