Huge 1b/3B/Util decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge 1b/3B/Util decision

Next week, in my 14 team H2H points league, I am in the semi-finals and play, in a one week series, the only team that can beat mine. The finals are two weeks, and I'm confident that I can win a two week series against the two possibe teams I'd face (I have a much stronger line up, and the two best teams are mine and my semi-final opponent). But I need to get there, and to do that, I need to go through my biggest rival. Last year, I lost in the semis to him because I decided to stick with Broxton over Mike Adams. This year, I fear it may come down to another tough call, so I'm looking for input.

I have the following 1b/3b/Corners--A.Gonzalez, Eric Hosmer, Amaris Ramirez, Brett Lawrie, and Adrian Beltre. I can only start three of them. I was planning on sticking with the Agone, Hosmer, Ramirez trio I've been rolling with, but Brett Lawrie has been so amazing on my bench, I don't know if I can leave him there. Do I move him in over an equally hot Hosmer, or an almost as hot Amaris? Amaris only plays 6 games next week, while Lawrie, unless he sits one, plays 7 at home. Hosmer plays 7, but all on the road in Seattle and Oakland, so not ideal. Should I sit the more reliable Ramirez, or the poor ballpark Hosmer in favor of a hot Lawrie?

you will only hate yourself later if you dont stick with what got you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      you will only hate yourself later if you dont stick with what got you there.
      concur

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        concur
        So the one less game for Amaris, and the 3 away games at the Mets doesn't sway you all toward Lawrie and his 7 games at home?

Comment

I assume Lawrie doesn't qualify at 2B or you have better players there?
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            I assume Lawrie doesn't qualify at 2B or you have better players there?
            I have better players there--Pedroia and Cano.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              So the one less game for Amaris, and the 3 away games at the Mets doesn't sway you all toward Lawrie and his 7 games at home?
              It's close, but you have to start your studs. And don't torture yourself by checking the Jays' boxscores.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I would sit Hosmer in those parks and start Lawrie.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  I would sit Hosmer in those parks and start Lawrie.
                  I'm going with this. I hope it works out.

Comment

Working...
                  X