Who to drop? (NL-only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who to drop? (NL-only)

With Beltran coming off the DL, I've got too many hitters on my NL-only team (5x5 OBP keeper). Which of the following would you drop with all categories carrying roughly equal weight?

Clint Barmes
    Ramon Hernandez
    Yadier Molina
    Nick Hundley

As you can see, I'm carrying 3 catchers (one in my utility) although they're all fairly valuable. If I dropped Barmes, my only other shortstop is Bonifacio so if he got hurt I would be kinda screwed.

My other option is to wait until September 1st since our league allows an extra player for the last month of the season. Problem with that is, I was already hoping to use that extra spot on Brad Lincoln since wins are another hotly contested category and he also has potential keeper value at $5.

Thoughts?

I have to think Ramon will get less PT down the stretch, unless he goes to the Giants on waivers or something. If I was going to cut someone it would probably be him. But I'm not sure I like Brad Lincoln all that much at $5 anyway. 6ish K/9, decent but not great control, a little too HR prone and not a team that produces a ton of wins.

Comment

Brad Lincoln is not a keeper.

Toss Hernandez. Mesoraco will be here shortly.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I have to think Ramon will get less PT down the stretch, unless he goes to the Giants on waivers or something. If I was going to cut someone it would probably be him. But I'm not sure I like Brad Lincoln all that much at $5 anyway. 6ish K/9, decent but not great control, a little too HR prone and not a team that produces a ton of wins.
        The Lincoln thing is somewhat moot since I don't want to miss out on Beltran's stats for the next week (already missed his homer yesterday). I was leaning towards Ramon but the rumors of him going to another team had me a bit intrigued.

Comment

Something else to keep in mind - since Hernandez will be a Type A free agent, if he signs with an AL team I would get an "A" draft pick which is pretty valuable. What are the odds he goes to an AL team next year and how does this affect my decision?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Something else to keep in mind - since Hernandez will be a Type A free agent, if he signs with an AL team I would get an "A" draft pick which is pretty valuable. What are the odds he goes to an AL team next year and how does this affect my decision?
            um... quick and dirty (I haven't looked to see what teams have expiring contracts for example)
            teams that don't need catchers: DET, TOR, TEX, STL, ATL, MIN?, SF, PHI, SD, ARI, BAL, CLE, CIN
            teams that I'd be surprised if they went and got one: LAA, CHC, MIL, CWS, WAS, KC
            teams that might be interested: NYY, BOS, TB, OAK, SEA, NYM, FLA, PIT, HOU, COL, LAD

so maybe slightly worse than 50-50 to go to an AL team?
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
            X