Kouzmanoff Traded to COL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kouzmanoff Traded to COL

Rockies acquired 3B Kevin Kouzmanoff from the Athletics for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Kouzmanoff will report to Triple-A Colorado Springs. The 30-year-old third baseman batted just .221/.262/.353 with four home runs and 17 RBI over his first 149 plate appearances before being demoted to the minors in early-June. Kouz has always had plenty of punch in his bat, but has unfortunately played in unfavorable hitting environments. That obviously won't be the case in Colorado. He could be an interesting alternative at third base if the Rockies non-tender Ian Stewart this winter.

rotoworld Aug 23 - 4:36 PM

Kouz is an improvement? Seriously?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

30 years old. Really? Wow, I've been playing this game too long.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Well colorado is certainly on Beane's speed dial.

Comment

He can't be worse at the plate than Stewart has been this year. I feel bad for Stewart. I wasn't the only one that thought he would succeed this year.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
            He can't be worse at the plate than Stewart has been this year. I feel bad for Stewart. I wasn't the only one that thought he would succeed this year.
            Yeah, I targeted him in all my leagues but kept getting outbid. Sometimes things just work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
              Being better than Stewart isn't much of a justification for this acquisition. Does Kouzmanoff advance us towards our goal of being a playoff contender, short term or long term? It seems like another one of Dan O'Dowd's notorious low risk "pray for lightning-in-a-bottle" moves. At worst, he's a placeholder until we figure out something better at third base. These kinds of moves haven't worked out well for us in recent years. We end up stockpiling mediocrity and having seasons like this one.
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Mediocre is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Kouz.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                X