Bobby V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby V

He has been terrific on ESPN. Last nights breakdown on Starlin Castros horrendous body language in the field was bold and insightful.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Agree. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to not hear Morgan's drivel anymore. Castro sitting tonight after initially being in starting lineup.

Comment

Bobby V is one of the best in the business. He has true passion for the game, and brings that elusive quality that is sorely lacking: fun. I wish we had more Bobby V-types in baseball.

Comment

What did Castro do?

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
          What did Castro do?
          he wasnt set in the field. He had his glove off while the pitcher was in his set. He was looking everywhere but at the batter. Playing with his seeds. He looked like he didnt care to be in the field.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            he wasnt set in the field. He had his glove off while the pitcher was in his set. He was looking everywhere but at the batter. Playing with his seeds. He looked like he didnt care to be in the field.
            Wow. Like the fat kid playing right field in little league.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
              Wow. Like the fat kid playing right field in little league.
              bingo

Comment

Bobby V will be like McCarver was 30 years ago - at first, his unique insights are fascinating.
                Enjoy it while you can, because it won't last....
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Bobby V will be like McCarver was 30 years ago - at first, his unique insights are fascinating.
                  Enjoy it while you can, because it won't last....
                  Ouch! Why do you say that? Even 30 years ago, McCarver inserted himself into every conversation about action on the field. It was his ego that caused the problem. Is that a risk with Bobby V?

Comment

Theres a good chance I wont be here 30 years from now, so in the meantime, I will enjoy V

Comment

Valentine is a very smart baseball guy, but developing too much ego isn't a "risk" with him. It's part of his DNA. He's had it for decades. He's sometimes the smartest person in the room - but he thinks he always is.

But I can enjoy him, for now, in small doses. He does know a lot. But then, so did McCarver, who was universally praised both in the media and among baseball fans I know for several years. I can see how that would be hard to believe given recent years, but his act was fresh once, I swear. It's just quite a while ago.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Valentine is a very smart baseball guy, but developing too much ego isn't a "risk" with him. It's part of his DNA. He's had it for decades. He's sometimes the smartest person in the room - but he thinks he always is.

But I can enjoy him, for now, in small doses. He does know a lot. But then, so did McCarver, who was universally praised both in the media and among baseball fans I know for several years. I can see how that would be hard to believe given recent years, but his act was fresh once, I swear. It's just quite a while ago.
                        I'll take your word for it. McCarver couldn't hold Ralph Kiner's jock as far as I'm concerned. Kiner was Pujols of his day, yet NEVER inserted himself into the conversation. At least I get to listen to Ron Darling now, thanks to Extra Innings. Much better than Timmy Mac.

Comment

Darling is very good.

Kiner is STILL very good, even with Bell's Palsy and in his late 80s, when he does guest appearances during games. Incredible to hear him talking about playing with and against stars of the 1940s and 1950s, and of coaches and managers from the 1910s and 1920s. Kiner has one of the highest baseball IQs of anyone I've ever heard (he was drawing tons of walks decades before anyone realized, wait, that's a good thing). People get distracted by his malaprops, but when he explains why a fielder is out of position or how a baseball situation tended to be handled differently 60 years ago - and why - it's a special treat.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Darling is very good.

Kiner is STILL very good, even with Bell's Palsy and in his late 80s, when he does guest appearances during games. Incredible to hear him talking about playing with and against stars of the 1940s and 1950s, and of coaches and managers from the 1910s and 1920s. Kiner has one of the highest baseball IQs of anyone I've ever heard (he was drawing tons of walks decades before anyone realized, wait, that's a good thing). People get distracted by his malaprops, but when he explains why a fielder is out of position or how a baseball situation tended to be handled differently 60 years ago - and why - it's a special treat.
                            Totally agree. Though I'll sound like a neanderthal -- it's pretty tough to listen to Kiner these days. I wish him well.

Comment

Working...
                            X