Jerome Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerome Williams

He is back in the majors after a four-year absence, and he looks really good. I snapped him up in FAAB in my AL-only league last night. I paid $4 for him, but it turned out I could have had him for a buck since no one else bid on him. Oh well, I think he could be good enough that it won't matter.

I did a write-up at Baseball Prospectus (free at the moment) on his start last night and a comparison to how he was throwing back in 2007:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Right in the ass...

I drank the koolaid, KS, but luckily, I had already dumped this season but took a shot
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I picked him up in my AL Only and have received 3 of those wins with an ERA of 3.16. Thanks KS.

Jerome Williams improved to 4-0 by allowing one run in 6 1/3 innings Saturday against the A's. (Williams was hardly exceptional in Triple-A, but he's managed to go 4-0 with a 2.95 ERA in six starts and three relief appearances since returning to the majors. This was likely his last outing of the season, though it's possible the Angels could have him pitch in relief on Tuesday or Wednesday.)

Comment

great comeback story....
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
        X