Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And The Winner Of The First Ever MLB Suspension For A Positive HGH Test Is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And The Winner Of The First Ever MLB Suspension For A Positive HGH Test Is...

Mike Jacobs, come on down!

Linky: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_18706974

Colorado Sky Sox first baseman Mike Jacobs became the first baseball player to test positive for the banned drug human growth hormone and was suspended 50 games by Major League Baseball today. The Sky Sox are the Rockies' Triple-A team.

In response to the suspension, the Rockies have released Jacobs.

According to the MLB commissioner's office, Jacobs is the first athlete in any North American professional sport to test positive for HGH.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

ahhh, well done Mike Jacobs ... reminds me of one of my favourite SNL skits ...

Dennis Miller: In response to what its sponsors claim is an idea whose time has come, the first All-Drug Olympics opened today in Bogota, Columbia. Athletes are allowed to take any substance whatsoever before, after, and even during the competition. So far, 115 world records have been shattered! We go now to correspondent Kevin Nealon, live in Bogota for the Weightlifting Finals. Kevin?

Kevin Nealon: Dennis, getting ready to lift now is Sergei Akmudov of the Soviet Union. His trainer has told me that he's taken antibolic steroids, Novacaine, Nyquil, Darvon, and some sort of fish paralyzer. Also, I believe he's had a few cocktails within the last hour or so. All of this is, of course, perfectly legal at the All-Drug Olympics, in fact it's encouraged. Akmudov is getting set now, he's going for a cleaning jerk of over 1500 pounds, which would triple the existing world record. That's an awful lot of weight, Dennis, and here he goes.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
    X