Getting hit by a pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting hit by a pitch

I investigated why batters get hit by pitches and wrote up my findings. I thought the folks here might enjoy:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

I think pitchers just hate chase utley.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I think pitchers just hate chase utley.
      That is a distinct possibility.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

It's also possible that the baseball hates Chase Utley.

Comment

The real reason is that Utley is fearless. Dude never even flinches when the ball comes his way. Its not natural.

Comment

Because coach Buttermaker makes them lean into the pitch so they have to pitch to Engelberg?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z Glider View Post
              The real reason is that Utley is fearless. Dude never even flinches when the ball comes his way. Its not natural.
              Yep. Even though he broke his hand on a HBP in 2007, he has not changed his approach at all.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I once played the 1971 league in dice format. Ron Hunt was an OBA monster, despite getting only 59 BB. IIRC 50 HBP is the record. Late in Don Baylor's career, he used to stand as close to the plate as the ump would allow, then creep in, yielding 100 HBP in a 4 year span. He would not evade the pitch, just turn away, so it hit the gluts or the meaty part of his back or arm.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                X