Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young-ins that face planted

Moustakas, Rizzo, Alvarez, Dom Brown Brandon Belt, Drabek, Britton

Those who have excelled Kimbrel, Freeman, Hellickson, Pineda, Hosmer, Ackley, Arencibia

Jurys out Lawrie, Kipnis, Jennings, Gordon, Chisenhall
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

I think many of this year's rookies have done very well.

Some others you didn't mention are Mark Trumbo, Danny Espinosa, Josh Reddick, Darwin Barney, Jemile Weeks, Ben Revere, Mike Carp, Lucas Duda, Dillon Gee, Ivan Nova, Vance Worley, Jorden Walden, Chris Sale, Corey Luebke, Aroldis Chapman & AL Alburquerque all of whom have done very well.

Some others who $hit the bed:
    Tyler Chatwood, Zach Britton, Danny Duffy, Mike Minor, Brent Morel, Hank Conger, Carlos Peguero, Jerry Sands & Kyle Seager

Comment

This really has been a terrific year for rookies both in the terms of amount of call-up s and those that have helped out on fantasy teams.

Britton tanking was a big surprise to me as much as Carp and Guzman blowing up right now. I had Trumbo in my AL league and couldn't give him away in a trade prior to the start of the season as he was an extra rookie keeper for me I had no room for. Ugh

Comment

Eric Thames has been good as well.

.276/.319/.486 with 8 HR, 27 RBI, 34 Runs in 210 AB.

K/BB is a little troubling (53/12), but that's pretty common for rookies.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Espinosa started out real well but with a current BA of .223 I am not ready to say he has excelled.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

The more interesting question: which ones that flopped in 2011 stand a good chance of "figuring it out" in 2012? I put Belt atop that list.

Comment

although he is year 2 Heyward has been a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                The more interesting question: which ones that flopped in 2011 stand a good chance of "figuring it out" in 2012? I put Belt atop that list.
                I'll go with Jerry Sands.

Comment

Juan Nicasio?

:bag:
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Espinosa started out real well but with a current BA of .223 I am not ready to say he has excelled.
                    That was my thinking with Arencibia and his .210 BA (.171 since June 1). Although, the power potential offered by J.P. does make him an intriguing keeper option for 2012.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      That was my thinking with Arencibia and his .210 BA (.171 since June 1). Although, the power potential offered by J.P. does make him an intriguing keeper option for 2012.
                      Fair point

Comment

I don't care if Arencibia is hitting .210 -- his power is still a difference maker at his position that is pretty much a wasteland anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          I don't care if Arencibia is hitting .210 -- his power is still a difference maker at his position that is pretty much a wasteland anyhow.
                          Exactly! I'll take 20 less point in BA from a catcher who it's as many HR's and drives in as many runs as he does anytime from a catcher.

Freeman started off horrible, but he has been fantastic...hated trading his $1 contract in my league to make a push here at the end.
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I think Brown's broken hand had something to do with his season. He missed a lot of spring training, and I think I remember Jason saying that it takes up to a year to regain power after an injury like that. With a LF position ostensibly waiting for him next year I think he will be a nice pick. [/homer]
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Yep -- that hamate bone issue gets them every time. Hamate breaks pretty much get me to ignore that player for the season

Comment

Working...
                              X