Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delmon Young Traded to Detroit

Link.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

he was only arb. eligible and had a $5.4m salary for this season. How did he pass through waivers?

Comment

PTNL has to be one of the top picks from last years draft. Hope it isn't Castellanos.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        he was only arb. eligible and had a $5.4m salary for this season. How did he pass through waivers?
        I was wondering the same thing.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I was wondering the same thing.
          .662 OPS, could get 7.5M in arb next season --- very easy

Comment

I was just considering activating Young to replace Derrek Lee but looking at his performance lately makes me think an empty roster spot in my lineup would be equally productive. Other options are Belt, Blanks, and Eric Young...
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Blanks.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Last year he had a 118 wRC+ (+16 runs) and this year he is at +3.9 UZR. If you combine those, he is a little better than a 2-win player. So he's not Hunter Pence, but he might be Hunter Pence light in terms of being a net zero/slight positive for 2012 based on his arb value.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  .662 OPS, could get 7.5M in arb next season --- very easy
                  So last year never happened when he had an .862 OPS, 21 homers and 112 RBI?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    So last year never happened when he had an .862 OPS, 21 homers and 112 RBI?
                    RBI is about what happens in front of you....

How long have I been calling this guy a bum?

That's his ISO's.

He's an awful fielding bum that kills any offensive value he has with his bad glove. His accumulative WAR as a Twins player is 0.9; only Yuni Betancourt has been worse with that much PT

Comment

And of course he homers in his 1st AB against his old team.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by wombat104 View Post
                        PTNL has to be one of the top picks from last years draft. Hope it isn't Castellanos.
                        Why would you hope it isn't Castellanos? Getting him out of Detroit would be a huge boost to his future offensive production.

I own Castellanos and I'd love to see him get out of Detroit and stay in the AL.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

As Tiger's fan I like it as they didn't didn't give much up. Young is "young" enough to turn things around but except for last season hasn't shown much. Sometimes you have to take a risk and this one isn't all that much. If he produces great and if not he'll be looking for team number 4 to play for.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Last year he had a 118 wRC+ (+16 runs) and this year he is at +3.9 UZR. If you combine those, he is a little better than a 2-win player. So he's not Hunter Pence, but he might be Hunter Pence light in terms of being a net zero/slight positive for 2012 based on his arb value.
                            That's the first time I've ever heard Young and Pence compared favorably to one another. I've gotta say I don't see it at all. Young isn't very good at all. Pence is. I think it's as simple as that.

Comment

I was one of Young's biggest defenders...until I got to see him play for an extended period of time. He may be the worst outfielder I've ever seen...no instincts whatsoever. And I'm tired of waiting for him to get his act together and be a professional hitter. A ton of talent and no clue what to do with it.

It's just a shame that the Twins didn't realize that they sucked at the deadline and parlay what they had into more for the future.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X