Trade Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Help

So I am in a 14 team custom points keeper league where starting pitchers are extremely valuable. We are allowed 7 keepers. I made some moves and currently am set for next year with Price, Gallardo and Pineda as my arms along with Posey, Hosmer, Bruce and S. castro as the bats that I plan on keeping. As the borderline keepers I think I will throw back I have Lawrie, Maybin and N. Feliz.

Given how available C's and OF's are in the draft, I am tempted to keep Lawrie for his position scarcity and trade Bruce or Posey. I have an offer sitting on my table of Wainwright (who will have great value for at least 3 years) and J. Lyles as a throw in for Bruce and Pineda. Now I know I am overpaying if I accept this offer, but is Wainwright/Lawrie better than Bruce/Pineda for next year? Or is Pineda an arm that should be considered untradable. Is it silly to even consider moving Bruce or Posey?

I don't think trading Posey to make room for Lawrie is a bad move. Lawrie is a special player. I'd also say Pineda is untradeable.

For next year I would want Bruce/Pineda. I would seriously think about keeping Lawrie over Posey.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Moving Bruce or Posey is not a bad idea. But I don't like that deal for you at all. Wainwright will probably come back well, but it's sure not guranteed, and I like Bruce much more than Lyles.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So moving Gallardo & Posey for Wainwright would be a little less lopsided. If you could have wainwright for 3-5 years or Kershaw for 1-2 for those two, who would you prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by willgladst View Post
          So moving Gallardo & Posey for Wainwright would be a little less lopsided. If you could have wainwright for 3-5 years or Kershaw for 1-2 for those two, who would you prefer?
          I like both of these deals better for you. I'm in a very similar league, and assuming it is only a 1 catcher league, catcher is deep enough that movign Posey to keep Lawrie makes sense. And Gallardo is the guy I'd try to package with him for a pitching upgrade, so the structure of this deal is perfect.

As far as these two options, I'd go for Kershaw. I know Wainwright was an absolute stud before he went down, at those extra years 2-3 make him potentially a lot more valuable than Kershaw, but that is all potential at this point. Who knows? I do know who I'd rather have for next year--Kershaw. It might not be the best long term play, but long term value is harder to gauge. Short term, Kershaw is the better bet than Wainwright in his first year back from TJ surgery.

That said I'd do either deal. Gallardo and Posey are the guys you want to package for an upgrade and Wainwright or Kershaw are both great upgrades to get. If you can get Wainwright or Kershaw for Posey and Gallardo instead of Bruce and Pineda, that is the way to go.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-15-2011, 12:00 AM.

Comment

The Kershaw owner has passed on the deal as he is in a race and needs Kershaw. So I have negotiated Gallardo into the equation instead of Pineda, but he has weiters and montero at C so his interest in posey is minimal. So now the offer is Gallardo/Bruce for wainright. Does Wainwright/Lawrie make me better for 2012 and beyond over Gallardo/Bruce?

Comment

Can you wait until the offseason and trade for Kershaw then? I'd rather keep Bruce over Posey, so if there was a way to package Posey and Gallardo for an upgrade somewhere, I'd do that. Looks at teams without a good catcher, and see if they have keepers better than Posey or Gallardo that you can target.

Also, how long can you keep Bruce? If it is just one year, or more?

Comment

Probably can keep Bruce 3 years. Would you consider Strasburg and upgrade over Gallardo. The owner won't take Posey in a straight swap, but he'd do it for the two. There is no offseason trading, so tonight is the night everything has to get done before next season.

Comment

Originally posted by willgladst View Post
                  Probably can keep Bruce 3 years. Would you consider Strasburg and upgrade over Gallardo. The owner won't take Posey in a straight swap, but he'd do it for the two. There is no offseason trading, so tonight is the night everything has to get done before next season.
                  I would consider Strasburg an upgrade over Gallardo. He, like Wainwright, is a risk, but I'd take him over Gallardo if I couldn't get Wainwright.

Comment

Working...
                  X