2K12 Starting Rotations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12 Starting Rotations

Thinking about the Jays, but we had a 2K11 thread, so lets open it up to all teams.

Blue Jays

Romero
    Morrow
    Drabek
    Cecil
    Alvarez

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

I still like him longterm, but if the Blue Jays want to compete in the AL East in 2012, they're going to have to do a lot better than Kyle Drabek in the starting rotation. He's had a horrible horrible year, and unless they find a magical cure for his bouts of wildness, he's definitely more of a hindrance than an asset. Anthopoulos has done a wonderful job up there, but unless he finds some pitching this off-season, I don't think Toronto stands a chance in the East.

Comment

Mariners 2K12 rotation:

1. Felix
      2. Pineda
      3. Vargas
      4. Beavan
      5. Furbush

Minor Leaguers who could be promoted to the rotation soon:
      1. James Paxton - He's made awesome strides in his first year of minor league baseball. I think he could be a starter for the M's as soon as early next season if everything breaks right.
      2. Danny Hultzen - This is assuming he signs by the deadline, but every report I've read about his level of polish says he could be in the big leagues very soon.

Further away, but awesome:
      1. Taijuan Walker - Boy do I love this guy's arm.

Comment

I suspect the Brewers rotation will stay the same (Gallardo, Greinke, Marcum, Wolf, Narveson). It's possible Narveson loses his job to Estrada or De La Rosa, but I don't think so.

I really thought Mark Rogers would make his move this year, but injuries ate him alive again.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Rays:

Shields
          Price
          Hellickson
          Niemann
          Davis

Cobb will depend on how the impingement surgery goes, Moore won't be doing a Pineda.

I still expect one of the five to be dealt at the winter meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            Rays:

Shields
            Price
            Hellickson
            Niemann
            Davis

Cobb will depend on how the impingement surgery goes, Moore won't be doing a Pineda.

I still expect one of the five to be dealt at the winter meetings.
            I say this as a Matt Moore owner, but how in the world could they possibly keep him in AAA next year? I know Niemann has a had a nice stretch and Davis is signed long term, but you'd have to think Moore would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade on those guys, especially Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
              I say this as a Matt Moore owner, but how in the world could they possibly keep him in AAA next year? I know Niemann has a had a nice stretch and Davis is signed long term, but you'd have to think Moore would be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade on those guys, especially Davis.
              You did notice that Desmond Jennings was in the minors almost all year while Sam Fuld and company sucked massively in the big leagues, right? The Rays look at the longterm finances just as much as the immediate gains in winning. I certainly think Moore would help them win more games next year, but the front office cares as much about the 2016 team as they do the 2012 squad. They've almost put themselves in a Catch-22 situation with how cautious they've been with the Super-2 status and the arbitration eligibility for their youngsters as it seems like they're sacrificing winning more games now in order to save what's left of the future -- but what future will they have if they don't keep winning? It would really eat me alive if I was a Rays fan and had to watch some of the org's best players toil away in Triple-A while inferior players help lose games in the big leagues. Luckily I'm an M's fan, so I don't have to worry about winning at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                I still like him longterm, but if the Blue Jays want to compete in the AL East in 2012, they're going to have to do a lot better than Kyle Drabek in the starting rotation. He's had a horrible horrible year, and unless they find a magical cure for his bouts of wildness, he's definitely more of a hindrance than an asset. Anthopoulos has done a wonderful job up there, but unless he finds some pitching this off-season, I don't think Toronto stands a chance in the East.
                Agreed that the Jays are a couple years away from competing for the wild card.

I remember Drabek's good start, but he's done nothing this year to show that he can sustain it. Does he spend next year in the minors? I can keep him at $4.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Pirates:

I do think they'll pick up Maholm's option ($9mil) or work out a long-term deal. Correia signed a 2-year deal so he'll probably be hanging around. Morton (1st arb year, I think) and J-Mac (last cheap year, I think) will definitely be there. Karstens (entering 2nd arb year), Ohlendorf (still cheap), Lincoln (still cheap) will be in the mix for the last spot, and maybe they'll sign another low-level free agent. From a fantasy perspective, Morton and McDonald will probably be worth owning, and maybe Maholm. Not the rest of them. If I had to guess:

1. Maholm
                  2. Morton
                  3. McDonald
                  4. Ohlendorf
                  5. Lincoln

Maybe Jeff Locke? Rudy Owens? I wouldn't necessarily want to own them either but they could get some time.

Comment

I think the Braves are the most interesting rotation of all:
                    Hanson
                    Lowe
                    Jurrjens
                    Hudson
                    Beachy
                    Minor
                    Teheran

Does anyone get traded?

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
                      $$$
                      $$$
                      $$$

They've never had any rookie starter break camp

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                        I think the Braves are the most interesting rotation of all:
                        Hanson
                        Lowe
                        Jurrjens
                        Hudson
                        Beachy
                        Minor
                        Teheran

Does anyone get traded?
                        And Arodys Vizcaino and Randall Delgado!

You have to assume someone gets traded but hell if I know who.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                          Agreed that the Jays are a couple years away from competing for the wild card.

I remember Drabek's good start, but he's done nothing this year to show that he can sustain it. Does he spend next year in the minors? I can keep him at $4.
                          I disagree - I think the Jays will very active in the off-season free-agent wise & will add at least one decent starter. And I think unless he suddenly becomes consistent Drabek does spend next year in AAA.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post

Derek Lowe's incredibly sturdy health is really going to bite the Braves by next year if they can't end up dealing him. He's their worst pitcher by far at this point, and those minor league arms are chomping at the bit to get some real playing time. A part of me hopes Lowe sees the Barry Zito treatment at some point. Any Braves fans know what the plan is with Arodys? Are they putting him in the pen simply to limit his innings this year or is this a long-term thing? He seems to have better stuff than Delgado or Minor, so I hope they at least give him a chance to start with the big club next year at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post

I was under the assumption that Vizcaino was best suited as a RP.

Comment

Working...
                              X