EE finally getting it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE finally getting it?

It's looking like perennial tease EE is finally figuring it out. He's become more patient at the plate, and it's making a world of difference in his results at the plate. Given the logjam of hitting in Toronto, do they keep him, and there does he play?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

It's tricky. If he keeps hitting like this, he'll attain Type B status, which would probably mean the Jays would decline his option and pick up a supplemental pick for him, assuming that still exists in the new CBA.

If he doesn't make Type B, his option is cheap enough that they need to keep him as an asset ($3.5 Mil club option, $500K buyout).

The Jays are actually giving him some reps in LF as of late, and his defense at 1B has been passable. Seems like they want him to be the odd super-utility guy that can hit but can't play much defense.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

He's killing it. .348/.458/.629 over the last month while Bautista is hitting .189/.340/.324.

I said he'd hit 30 HRs this season so I don't think he has 19 more in him, but I'm loving what he's doing lately.

Comment

Working...
      X