Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Being Carlos?

From rotoworld last night--

"Carlos Zambrano cleaned out his locker following Friday's loss and told teammates that he is thinking about retirement.
    Here we go. Big Z was likely acting in frustration after allowing five homers and being ejected from Friday's game, but the last thing the Cubs need is another drawn out saga with this guy. In the end, we have a hard time believing he'll actually walk away from the $18 million he is set to make next season."

I'm inclined to agree that he's just being himself, having a temper tantrum, but a lot of Cub fans have to be thinking, "Oh please, let it be true". Not that they should expect Jim Hendry to use the saved money wisely, as he'll probably go the band-aid route and give a three-year deal to someone who has had one good season.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

carlos being a f'n crybaby douche, more like it. i'm sure his teammates were really begging him to reconsider. lol. what a turd of a human being. i wish he had enough guts to follow through and quit being a sh!t stain on major league baseball.
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Yes, this Cubs fan hopes he is serious, what a loser.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Cubs placed RHP Carlos Zambrano on the disqualified list.
        That means Big Z will not be paid and cannot have any contact with the team for 30 days. After the month is up, MLB and the Player's Union will discuss what will happen next for the pitcher. The Union is also expected to file a grievance over the move, though with Zambrano's past indiscretions, it remains to be seen what kind of case they'll have. Zambrano's agent said his client is "not in the retirement mode" anymore, but at this point it seems very likely that his Cubs career is over. It would be a fitting end to a tumultuous stint with the Northsiders.
        Source: Paul Sullivan on Twitter
        Aug 13, 4:02 PM

Comment

Wow, our 2nd-place team had him and needed him for the Ws and Ks, and the bad ERA/Ratio he has been able to handle and still rank high there. Tough, non-injury weird loss for some owners.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Last guy placed on DQ list was K-Rod for Mets
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
              Last guy placed on DQ list was K-Rod for Mets
              "the DQ list"--Hey, don't associate me with Big Zero!

I read that before Zambrano left the clubhouse, of all people Alfonso Soriano went down and got in his face. It takes a lot to get someone as normally mild as Soriano that pissed.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

It would be nice if the Cubs can get out of the rest of his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  It would be nice if the Cubs can get out of the rest of his contract.
                  In your dreams, Cubs fan!
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I thought this thread was gonna be about Beltran striking out on a check swing to end a game.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                    X