X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Nunez ~ 18 stolen bases already!

Completely under the radar...

Is he up to 19 errors yet?

Love the speed, but guy is an awful defender.

Comment

I bet you didn't know the Yankees lead the AL in steals. They are actually running a lot. Gardner (obviously) and Granderson too, but Cervelli has 4, Martin has 8, Cano has 8, even Tex has 3.

I question how high the break-even rate must be for a team with that offense, but 119 out of 156 is a solid 76%

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I bet you didn't know the Yankees lead the AL in steals. They are actually running a lot. Gardner (obviously) and Granderson too, but Cervelli has 4, Martin has 8, Cano has 8, even Tex has 3.

I question how high the break-even rate must be for a team with that offense, but 119 out of 156 is a solid 76%
        Bottom of the 9th, down by two and two on with Tex up and two outs is probably not a good time to run...
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Bottom of the 9th, down by two and two on with Tex up and two outs is probably not a good time to run...
          I think he was trying to run on the pitch with two outs to increase his odds of scoring on a double rather than trying to steal the base, but yeah, he clearly left too early.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            I think he was trying to run on the pitch with two outs to increase his odds of scoring on a double rather than trying to steal the base, but yeah, he clearly left too early.
            Or if he does steal the base he can score on a single. But with the amount of throws to first and fakes to third he should have been very careful and as you said left too early. Base running cost them the game on Sunday (Martin trying for a double and then Nunez hitting a home run) and now this.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Or if he does steal the base he can score on a single. But with the amount of throws to first and fakes to third he should have been very careful and as you said left too early. Base running cost them the game on Sunday (Martin trying for a double and then Nunez hitting a home run) and now this.
              Where's all that veteran experience stuff? Perhaps they need a team meeting led by Captain Intangibles.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                Where's all that veteran experience stuff? Perhaps they need a team meeting led by Captain Intangibles.
                Overall, they've probably been the best baserunning team in baseball this year, so last night was an aberration.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Overall, they've probably been the best baserunning team in baseball this year, so last night was an aberration.
                  Helps when only one catcher in the division can throw anyone out.

Comment

Working...
                  X