Juan Nicasio, 2K11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Nicasio, 2K11

Holy cow was that line drive last night off his head scary. Here's the latest from Alanna Rizzo, the Rockies' sideline reporter:

Juan Nicasio is resting comfortably following surgery early this morning to stabilize a fracture to the C-1 vertebrae in his neck.
    Not sure what that means longterm for him, but obviously a vertebral fracture is bad. Here's hoping he heals up.

A fracture of C1 or C2 can kill you instantly if the spinal cord is cut, if there is no impingement on the cord it's just wait for the bone to heal and go back to life as usual. Of course knowing what almost happened could have some lasting psychological effects.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
      A fracture of C1 or C2 can kill you instantly if the spinal cord is cut, if there is no impingement on the cord it's just wait for the bone to heal and go back to life as usual. Of course knowing what almost happened could have some lasting psychological effects.
      I fractured my C2 in car accident years ago. There was no damage to the spinal cord, so I wore a neck brace until the bone healed. I have a little lump back there now.

Comment

Working...
      X