Yanks are dumb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    I miss King George in this situation. He wouldve banned Burnett long ago.
    Yep.

Sigh.

I guess the plus side is I can't imagine he'll have a spot in the post season rotation, right? CC, Colon, Nova and Garcia (if needed) would be my rotation.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I swear to god that I'd call up Kei Igawa and let him pitch in Burnett's slot on Thursday in Boston. Maybe that would get through this knucklehead's intensely thick skull.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

So Montero is coming up. Will he get enough ABs to be useful in Mixed Leagues?
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
          So Montero is coming up. Will he get enough ABs to be useful in Mixed Leagues?
          doubtful
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            Yep.

Sigh.

I guess the plus side is I can't imagine he'll have a spot in the post season rotation, right? CC, Colon, Nova and Garcia (if needed) would be my rotation.
            I think Colon might be my 4th starter (if needed) at this point, with CC, Nova and Garcia the top three. But there's a month left to go and CC is the only guaranteed post-season starter, in my mind. The rest are still in open competition.

Comment

Burnett is now officially the dumbest man alive.

How can he be so dumb to publicly make comments about not agreeing with Girardi taking him out of a game after Girardi has had is back all season long?

If Burnett had wanted an unclean adjective to describe his performance, he should have eliminated any attempt at interpretation and just gone with "nauseating."
              Burnett had said he thought he was nasty in Monday's outing.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

yea he was nasty all right but nasty in the 'smells like raw sewage sense'.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

it seems that I accidentally hit the Closed Thread at the bottom. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Burnett is now officially the dumbest man alive.

How can he be so dumb to publicly make comments about not agreeing with Girardi taking him out of a game after Girardi has had is back all season long?

Burnett had said he thought he was nasty in Monday's outing.
                    AJ is dumb... I worked with him in 1999... he was always described, in the coaching/scouting circles as "all the tools, no toolbox"...
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                      AJ is dumb... I worked with him in 1999... he was always described, in the coaching/scouting circles as "all the tools, no toolbox"...
                      Heh, gotta tell my seven-year-old Marco that one. He's picked up on the "million dollar arm, ten cent head" thing. He'll love that one.
                      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

It sounds like Girardi is leaning toward leaving Cervelli off the post-season roster, which means that either Posada or Montero will likely have their opportunities to don the tools of ignorance in a huge spot. I imagine it would be Montero first, because at least it's not a clear and open invitation for any base runner to steal second and third.

Comment

Working...
                        X