September call ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September call ups

This is for those of us that have to wait til Yahoo condecends to posting a player on its board. Oddly, this does not exactly coincide with ML experience. In any event, Who is going to get some java?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Brett Lawrie for sure will be up in Sepmtember, if he isn't already up sometime in August.

Comment

As a Jays fan I don't know much about Alvarez but he sounds intriguing ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
      The Blue Jays are expected to promote prospect right-hander Henderson Alvarez from Double-A New Hampshire.
      Alvarez will likely take Carlos Villaneuva's place in the rotation Friday against the Angels. The 21-year-old right-hander has improved his stock this season by posting a 3.18 ERA and 70/18 K/BB ratio over 96 1/3 innings between High-A Dunedin and Double-A New Hampshire. The hard-thrower was recently ranked as the game's No. 39 prospect on Keith Law's midseason list. It may only be a spot-start, be he is worth monitoring in AL-only formats.
      some info on him ...

The slender, hard-throwing right-hander from Carabodo, Venezuela, will make his major league debut on Wednesday night against the Oakland A's at the Rogers Centre.

Jays fans, who have recently welcomed a handful of new players in Eric Thames, Colby Rasmus, and Canadian Brett Lawrie, who’ll make his home debut Tuesday night, will see arguably the best arm the organization has in its minor league system.

Alvarez was said by New Hampshire pitching coach Pete Walker to have hit speeds between 96 and 101 mph earlier this season. He brings a so-called “plus” changeup, but is still working on bringing his slider up to major league standards.

Alvarez was 8-4 in 14 starts with the Fisher Cats, posting a 2.86 ERA and a gaudy 66:17 strikeout-to-walks ratio after starting the season on the disabled list with High-A Dunedin in the Florida League.
      http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseba...derson-alvarez
      Last edited by TranaGreg; 08-09-2011, 04:28 PM.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Its time to bump this. Sept 1 is this week. Who are we expecting to see? Which cups of coffee are pegged for ML rosters in 2012? Whoare the serious long term holds?

Since Lawrie has been mentioned, it raises a point: he is already on Yahoo. For many keeper leagues. on Yahoo, you have to claim them off WW to own them. Are there other players where Yahoo has anticipated the call up?

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-28-2011, 01:57 PM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Hasn't gotten much press with all the White Sox fans livid it took so long for Viciedo to come up, but Lastings Millege had a very nice season for Charlotte. With the AAA season almost over I wonder if he'll get a chance to show anything. He's hitting .289 with 12 HR and 28 SB in 425 AB. More importantly I have not read of any 'issues'. Remember he's still only 26 years old. I believe he's on a 1-year deal with Chicago, could find a MLB job for 2012.
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
          X